• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tactical Medicine 2.5 day course

superprime

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
18   1
Reaction score
My uncle is leading a Tactical Medicine course in Huntsville, AL on October 18-20. There are three spots left and the cost is 60.00. Below is the itinerary for those that might be interested. CEU credits are also available to those who need them (72 hours).

Day One
18Oct
0900(ish) all times are (ish) I'm not very strict on times as long as you keep me posted as to your arrival.
Range Time
-Build stacks, roles and responsibilities, expand on role of team medic, practice movements
-Range safety brief
-Live Fire
-Fam Fire
-Suppressive Five
-Point engagements
-Movement while engaging
-Break Contact
-FPFs
-Do it all again until we get it right

Overview of the Sniper
-Precision Fire

End range time and move to second site
Set up command site - We'll remain overnight at the second site (camp out style)
Lectures on Tactical Medicine
-Re-expand on the role of the team medic
-Recommended medical equipment
-Set fire watch
Sleep at some point

Day Two
19 Oct
This is where we'll get to the heart of the TacMedic. We'll practice moving as a team, working as a team, treating patients, IV training, lots of scenarios (taken from real life tacmed encounters).

At some point we'll put it all together and do a mock search and rescue using all the tricks we've learned (but expect some twists). I'll give you one hint now, prepare to be up a long time.

Day Three
20 Oct
End mock rescue
Q&A
Graduation (such as it is)
Police the area and dismiss

If you have any questions PM and I will get them answered for you. This isn't strictly a shooting course, but 1 day is designated for such.

Yes, more details to come. Probably mid May or Early June though. We will also be splitting the classes up more than likely. One weekend for firearms, and one weekend for medic.

Back
Top Bottom