• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sweet N Sour Sauce

DinkyDau

Coast Guard Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Your only as good as your word!
171   0
Reaction score
fast306stang fast306stang Ya got me wanting Shrimp N Grits...First gonna make the Sweet N Sour sauce..

I cup Pineapple juice
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/3 cup Vinegar,,I used Apple Cider Vinegar this time
3 tbs ketchup some use red food dye
Two tbs of Soy sauce,, I used teriyaki sauce
small bowl add 1 1/2 Tbs of Corn Starch with 2 Tbs of water and mix into a slurry
Directions:
Bring to a boil while stirring often, after well blended add the slurry and stir constantly until thick.
This in a sealed container will last two to three weeks in the fridge..
sweetnsour.jpgsweetnsour1.jpg
Gonna come back later and make the Geechie Boy Grits and Shrimp..

Game on, Geechie Boy Grits cooking these are stone ground and take about 20 minutes to prepare..And of course I add sharp cheddar, salt and butter..
sweetnsour2.jpg
While that is cooking on to the Shrimp and I wish I had bigger, just used what was in the freezer...Seasons with Old bay and Tony Chackeres, using butter, course garlic salt with some of the sweet n sour and a dab of honey..
sweetnsour3.jpg
The finally plated, next time I am gonna use regular Soy Sauce and Vinegar when making the sauce..
sweetnsour4.jpg

Dinky!!!! That looks OMG DELICIOUS!!!

lftd&pwrstrok'n lftd&pwrstrok'n taught me to swap like half the water in the grits for heavy cream and I'll tell you I'll never make my grits any other way now!
Yes that makes them so much richer!! I don't have a Gallbladder so when I use sharp cheddar to the grits that's about all I can do..I do like the heavy cream better...Mighty fine grub you made!!

Back
Top Bottom