• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SVT-40 Dilemma

That is one nice example. To me it all depends on YOUR intended use. Do you plan to keep it, let it grow in value and then sell it. If so don't shoot it!

If you plan to just give it to a child or just die with it in your safe... then screw it, shoot it.

allycat! Youre killing the russian search for everyone! Beautiful find. if you still have the other 2 itd be cool to have one thats just sealed... but i would shoot it

Not killing the local search. I travel alot and i get bored in the evenings, so i go looking for stuff instead of sitting in my hotel room. every once and awhile i find something cool and have it (legally) transferred and shipped home
sounds like the life

That is one nice example. To me it all depends on YOUR intended use. Do you plan to keep it, let it grow in value and then sell it. If so don't shoot it!

If you plan to just give it to a child or just die with it in your safe... then screw it, shoot it.

Dang, that is so true man. Maybe i'll sell my sniper model and keep this one to shoot......

Not to throw water on the party, but strap it down first and tie a string to the trigger, I had a SVT 40 blow up on me once, bolt went out the back and wizzed by my ear. Not all prewar and war time weapons of that era always passed safety test, if they ever did one. But great luck with it, I loved mine until the 3rd round LOL..

Not to throw water on the party, but strap it down first and tie a string to the trigger, I had a SVT 40 blow up on me once, bolt went out the back and wizzed by my ear. Not all prewar and war time weapons of that era always passed safety test, if they ever did one. But great luck with it, I loved mine until the 3rd round LOL..

Dang man, that's scary.what sort of ammo were you using? Did you ever figure out what went wrong? First i've ever heard of that happening

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom