• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Survival pleasure

oldmetlfan

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
47   0
Reaction score
This will sound like a stupid question, but has anybody used a vac-seal on a cigar?
I was thinking of doing it, but I would be really depressed to spend 40 or 50 dollars on some good cigars, to only have them go bad.

i think any cigar would be acceptable in a post apocalytic world. despite giving away your position.

I would assume any true vac sealer would work fine. Even better.. pick up a makers mark or other glass/plastic tubed cigar and put your cigar of choice in that.. then vacuum seal/food saver the tube

I would think this would remove the moisture which is vital to keeping a cigar properly stored...but that's just my opinion.

I've heard of several people vac-sealing their stogies. Didn't hurt them. Just make sure that they have been stored properly before you seal them in...that the wrappers are not too brittle.

Better yet.. get some tobacco seeds.

But I wouldn't think it would harm it much if you seal with say, a foodsaver. If you have a vac chamber machine or nitrogen flush it might, but everyday walmart machines aren't that powerful. Would be best to get something in a tube like Macanudo that has its own atmosphere and vac a bag around the tube. Would hold for 5-6 years like that without getting crunchy I'd imagine

Well, I decided to try it out. I bought a Cohiba, and sealed it up with a few wooden matches.
I'll open it up in 2 or 3 months, and see how it is.
I did use a foodsaver to do this.

Back
Top Bottom