• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor alignment after gunsmith installation

marksman17

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Meal Team 6 Pro
53   0
Reaction score
Hey all. So I paid a local shop to rocksett a dead air brake on my AR10, and took the suppressor with for him to verify alignment, but when I got home and dropped my bore alignment rod down, it seemed a little too close for comfort. Planning on goin back in the am so they can fix whatever’s wrong, but wanted to get y’all’s input… too close right? No scrapes on rod passing through can and bore, but metals expand with heat, especially in a 12.7 308 gun.

Another note,
Had a similar issue with this exact mount, Keymo adapter, and suppressor, but it was on a 223 so the overbore made it an obsolete issue being that the can is a 30 cal.

Hope it’s a quick mount or adapter fix, but let me know what you think?

365CFCDB-38D8-4037-B0D3-BE101FEC688D.jpegEB7FC722-D324-45B3-8948-E415C38BA37E.jpeg

Only one way to find out. all kidding aside, he paid a shop to install this, and they apparently didn’t run a guide rod down it to check tolerance… I’d be asking wtf.
That’s where I’m at. I took the cans with… they shoulda checked it if they did what I paid em for, and at the very least told me about it if something was that close

Back
Top Bottom