• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressed 300 Blk build suggestions

I have no min barrel length restrictions for subs or supers just plan to only ever run it suppressed.
Sounds like you got the right can for the job.
If I were going to shoot subs only - I would do 7.5" personally. Whats your intended use? For HD and PDW for me shorter the better. Also look at what rail you like and make sure it will work with the can/barrel length.

40876168-EF05-4CA4-8470-55DCADFBA320.jpeg

Aero M4E1 build with a Ballistic Advantage 8" 1/7 5R rifling barrel, from Lanbos Armory for under $100 shipped. Shown with my Obsidian 45, but waiting for my Sandman L. I put a cheaper adjustable gas block on it, but I only use it to turn the gas off completely, the barrel is ported correctly so it doesn't need adjusting.
Running an H2 buffer with milspec spring, will probably put in a silent spring when the Sandman comes, but for now, it's too loud with the Obsidian to even hear the spring noise.

Pistol suppressors do have minimum barrel requirements with 300 blk subs. Rugged says 7" for the obsidian.

Here's my completed build. Second pic is my suppressed upper when I was still in the process of building the lower. Noveske lower, gas block, and 10.5 barrel running a AAC SR7 suppressor. Sounds like a pellet gun going of when I shoot it. VLTOR upper, AAC bcg, Wilson Combat 9.5" handguard, giessele trigger, and sba3 brace

upload_2018-10-18_20-40-32.png
upload_2018-10-18_20-40-47.png

upload_2018-10-18_20-40-32.png
upload_2018-10-18_20-40-47.png

My 300 is a Spikes lower with random lower parts that I liked/wanted to use. Using the Maxim Defense PDW pistol brace with silent captured spring and a complete 10.5" BCM upper. Haven't messed with an adjustable gas block, but it will shoot everything both suppressed and unsuppressed. That paired with my Sandman L sounds like a nail gun when shooting. Shot from my backyard maybe 30ft from a bedroom window, wife didn't hear a thing.

My 300 is a Spikes lower with random lower parts that I liked/wanted to use. Using the Maxim Defense PDW pistol brace with silent captured spring and a complete 10.5" BCM upper. Haven't messed with an adjustable gas block, but it will shoot everything both suppressed and unsuppressed. That paired with my Sandman L sounds like a nail gun when shooting. Shot from my backyard maybe 30ft from a bedroom window, wife didn't hear a thing.

This brings me joy.
I'm halfway into my Sandman L wait, it's going to be used mostly on my 8" 300 blk.

Back
Top Bottom