Suing at-fault driver?

The issue is whether or not to use it for a $2500 repair. I have a $500 deductible plus they said they're going to raise my rate. If it was a $5000 repair, I would use it for sure. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, you HAVE to have uninsured motorist when you have Full Coverage? I don't believe I have the option of opting out?

If they raise their rates, drop them like a hot potato. You owe them nothing.
Would you continue to do business with any other business that continuously screwed you over?

Even with full coverage. Or still owing on the vehicle?

Uninsured motorist is something you pay extra for and any claim shouldn't reflect upon your policy.

The Lender requires "full coverage" to cover their investment. Regardless of what happens to the vehicle. Your fault, my fault, or nobody's fault.

Comprehension, covers damage that the owner/driver has no control over. Collisions with animals, hail, trees falling, fire, theft.

You are required by law to have Liability, that's all.
Lenders require Collision.
Comprehension is an option just like uUninsured motorist or raising the "Limits of Liability".

It's worth the time to study and be very knowledgeable about all insurance.

Most life insurance will not cover your death in plane crash, if you are not a fare paying passenger on a regularly scheduled flight.
It'll be in the extra fine print wayyyyyyyyyyyyy in the back of the policy.

Insurance companies are not allowed to raise your rate in ga if you claim uninsured motorist. I had an issue with a family member and the lawyer had to show they wouldn't raise my rates

Insurance companies are not allowed to raise your rate in ga if you claim uninsured motorist. I had an issue with a family member and the lawyer had to show they wouldn't raise my rates

Sometimes you have to force people to fill their obligations.

A Craftsman tool only has a lifetime warranty, if you take it back to seas. If you throw it in the corner or the trash, don't complain about their tools.

I really don't mind jackingass when it needs to be jacked.

What's the first thing I look at when shopping for insurance (of any kind)?
NOT how much it costs!
I first check to see the company's reputation for PAYING!
Then their reputation with their customers.

Who wants/needs insurance that you cannot collect on? OR
Insurance that can draw you out for months/years/decades before you collect?

Further, on Liability Insurance, I ALWAYS get an Umbrella Policy that covers up to at least $1 Million.
It usually costs no more than ~$100 extra a year and adds coverage to ALL existing types of policies you have.
Ask your agent how/why!

BTW: The cost difference is usually minor.

This is why I'm hesitant to file a claim on a $2500 claim. I already pay $2500/year for insurance, which is theft in my eyes. They've already told me they will raise my rates, I'm going to call them one more time but I have no reason not to believe them.

I claimed comprehensive

I’ve never had issues with uninsured motorist claims

By law they can’t raise for that

I claimed comprehensive

I’ve never had issues with uninsured motorist claims

By law they can’t raise for that

I looked it up online and found that they can't raise rates for an uninsured motorist claim, just like you said. 2 different agents told me they were going to raise my rates.

I made the claim today, hopefully I will hear from the adjuster tomorrow. If they raise my rates, I will call the insurance commissioner's office like some others have mentioned...

Back
Top Bottom