• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suggestions

mitch9

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
HELLO,

I WAS LOOKING FOR A LEVER ACTION GUN THAT WOULD BE GOOD FOR JUST PROTECTION PURPOSES AND GOOD WITHIN A 100 YARDS OR SO. THANKS FOR YOUR IMPORT

The pistol-caliber carbines hold more ammo. For lever rifles with a 20" barrel, they can usually hold 10 or 11 rounds.
That's twice as many shots as you'd fit in if you were shooting .30-30 or similar rifle cartridges.

1629002098964.png

I think I'd prefer the shortest possible barrel, even at the expense of ammo capacity.
This 16" barreled Marlin 1894-SBL holds 6+ 1. It has other features that are useful-- large loop lever, ghost ring peep sight, and it has a rail for a red dot optic. In .44 Mag, this would be deadly at 100, even 200 yards.

(But if I had one in the home defense role, I think I'd load it with .44 Spl ammo, expecting to only need to use it at rock-throwing distances, where the .44 special will have plenty of stopping power without too much muzzle flash, recoil, or overpenetration risks.)

Well I might prefer a handgun and or a shotgun first. But probably pistol cartridge lever. Maybe 44/45Colt. Most manufactures would fit the bill. Even a mares leg can be shot from the shoulder or waist

Back
Top Bottom