Suggestions for a RIA 1911 magwell

Smith and Alexander! Get it in stainless and continue that look you've got going on there. They are about 85 bucks, but are about the best out there.

You'll need some mag well cut grips too...

Should be NO fitting involved...Just transfer your mainspring and caps, and slide it right in. If you have a loose MSH laying around, I suggest you slide it in while changing the mainspring so that your leaf spring stays put. If the leafspring comes out, you have to pull the safeties to get it back in.

Should be NO fitting involved...Just transfer your mainspring and caps, and slide it right in. If you have a loose MSH laying around, I suggest you slide it in while changing the mainspring so that your leaf spring stays put. If the leafspring comes out, you have to pull the safeties to get it back in.

Real good advice here...

Nice! I wonder how bad fitting them will be.

Yeah...F all that. If you just drop it in, it'll look like this.

www.blindhogg.com_pics_magw10.jpg

This is all they are accomplishing with their "fitting".

www.blindhogg.com_pics_magw9.jpg

Smith and Alexander! Get it in stainless and continue that look you've got going on there. They are about 85 bucks, but are about the best out there.

You'll need some mag well cut grips too...

+1. I used S&A on all my Wilson's because they are fantastic. Well made one solid piece designs.

best price on a mag well is the EGW

quality part

around $50

used quite a few of them.

The EGW is the best value in a magwell. Ive used several myself.
There is a guy on ebay selling the S&As for about $65 shipped. This is the best price Ive seen on these. The S&A is a nice clean 1 piece design and the EGW is two piece so you have the option of going without it if you want. For ME, these are the two best options. Either way you go, you need to factor in the cost of a set of magwell grips. They look MUCH better than standard bevel bottom grips with a magwell.

Back
Top Bottom