Sucks to sell guns, doesn't it?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435640656.521902.jpg

My CZ PCR....needed tuition $...maybe I'll have another someday...she sure was purdy

I started late in the Gun game, 2005 I bought about 31 gun and rifles since then. My, wife bought me a 20 Gun/Rifle safe, and told me that we can't have any more guns than that, then I went to the SUWANEE SWAMP MEET and so all those sweet Smith n Wesson revolvers. I sold 11 guns/rifles, but have bought about 5 Smith n Wesson revolvers since then that I keep at a locker at Bulls-Eye. I still need a AR-7 camouflage, for my Bug out bag.

I just got engaged this past May. I guess the money is more important than the gun right now. What's the hardest sale you guys have ever made on your part?

As for me, I'm putting my prized custom CZ Accu-shadow for sale tomorrow.

SALE? SELL?

Are these new words in the English language? I'm sorry, I don't understand. Can you explain what these words mean and how they might be used?

Thanks!

I look at most firearms like investments. Sometimes you need to liquidate an asset based on other wants/needs. The firearms I really care about I'd never sell anyways.

I see it the same way.
I've bought some guns and used them, then didn't use them for a decade or two.
I kept them cleaned and well lubed.
When I wanted something else I sold them, even at a reasonable price they've always brought more than I paid for them.
If you hold onto a gun long enough it appears to me it's always going to appreciate in value.
One gun that comes to mind I bought for $260 and sold for $350 many years later. That's better than a 30% profit.
Another was bought for $220 and sold for $300, and $280 sold for $375 and I could go on and on.
It seems the key to not losing money on them is to hold onto them for awhile.

And like you said, some will never be sold, not by me anyway, lol.
I still feel that someday they'll be worth a fortune or maybe keep my children and grand children safe ...

Agreed, but generally only on quality or desired guns. Mine seem to increase over time, but it certainly helps to have good taste. Will a new XD go up? Prob not because they make so many and it's a duty pistol, but it won't go down in value much either. Will a Smith wheel gun or H&K P7 go up? Most definitely.

SN: Inflation sucks.

I have never sold a gun in "need" of cash. Late into the game as I started the last year or so. But will never ever,ever sell the family guns. Ever. Plus, glocks are a dime a dozen. And ar's are stupid cheap to build.

Back
Top Bottom