• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Subgun Sunday was a success

22   0
Reaction score
I love ODT and wanted to give a shout-out to ricktennisace ricktennisace for making the trade of a lifetime on my new-to-me m11/9. After 8 months of great communication, meeting up at the range to scratch the itch, and driving across the state on a Sunday to arrange a pickup, the ATF has finally deemed me worthy of machine gun ownership. Had a blast today at Sharpshooters USA today, and made the RSO jump a bit on my first burst of full auto. This is one of those deals that ate up a fair bit of discretionary income, so don't expect to see me buying much on here for a few months.

Attachments

• IMG_20180617_163700477.jpg
    IMG_20180617_163700477.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 82
I could see going broke in an exceedingly rapid fashion doing that!

The trick is to only load 10 rounds at a time to get the giggle effect without breaking the bank in an hour of range time. Even with my conservation efforts, I still seem to burn 3-500 rds per range visit. I may need to start reloading 9mm, or expedite my purchase of a 22 conversion.

I got bored of my SWD M11/9 submachinegun pretty quickly.
It helped when I got a longer-barreled upper with a scope rail and put a 50mm red dot opti on it, and then it felt more like a carbine than a machine pistol (it had a telescoping shoulder stock).

But, in the long run, shooting full auto was a novelty. I kept the gun for many years just to show it off to friends and let them have some fun with it at the range, but it wasn't so much fun for me after I'd put about 2000 rounds through it.

Back
Top Bottom