• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sub $500 300 BO AR

safellows1967

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
6   0
Reaction score
Before anyone jumps the gun, you could probably build one yourself. I was looking at purchasing a 300 BO platform and started with the upper since I already had a AR15. I checked out what was available in the classifieds and found slim pickings. Those that were for sale were either SBR length or very special to the seller due to the price tag. I then checked out PSA, Slick Guns and lots of other manufacturers. I finally checked (sigh) Gun Broker. Low and behold I scored a Hardened Arms Keymod upper for $321. Normally, they sell it on their site for $395. I then tried looking for a lower and was again presented with basically the same problems as the upper. There were 2 polymer choices at $99 and $109 but I am not into a poly lower for ARs yet. I finally settled on Surplus Arms And Ammo SA-15 reticle logo with Magpul MOE furniture. Neither one of these were blemished or remanufactured. I found the build quality of both pieces to be good. I took it shooting and found it to function without any failure shooting suppressed with subsonic rounds. I removed the suppressor and installed flash hider. Ran some supersonic ammo through and again had no issues. Can't wait to get a good scope on it and sighted in for hunting. Hope you found this review helpful. Thanks for reading.

I shot the Spike Tactical 300BLK Compressor today with my buddy Mookie and it was whisper quiet badass! What was not badass was the $1.20 per round price tag on subsonic ammo.

IMAG0629_1.jpg
1424034975545.jpg

Anyone else had experience with either Hardened Arms or SAA? I read on another forum that supposedly SAA uses Anderson LPK on some of their lowers. It was not listed as Anderson LPK on this one and the primary problem that most people have is with the selector switch. I had no issues and it was flipped from safe to fire and back quite a bit as I was letting 3 other people test out this build when I was shooting it. BTW, I did not shoot the Southern Arms subsonic ammo when I shot it. I found some Remington Subsonic at Academy and decide to save the ballistic tip for hunting. I did shoot Southern Arms supersonic though.

Contrary to popular belief, deals can occasionally be had on GB. I can even find deals at gun shows if I look hard enough and haggle a bit. :D

I picked up a perpetually out of stock everywhere AAC 9" barrel kit that included an ACC QD mount well below MSRP. As I was calling in my CC info, he had relisted another for $50 more.

Sure, there have been decent deals on AAC 9" complete uppers, but I wanted a different handguard and had a "Damn The Man" rebate I used to pick up an AAC NiB BCG for $10 shipping since the 30 cal QD Brakeout are never in stock.

I have had a lot of success on Gun Broker. Just have to know what you are bidding on and make sure that it is a reputable dealer. I have even scored a couple good deals on GunAuction.com as well. The thing to remember is if you get in a bidding war with someone, let them win (unless you really want it) as it may be that seller has a friend bidding you up. I won a gun one time and it was a local pick-up. He had listed 2 other items and the buyers fell out. He sold them to me for $50 less just to recoup losses.

Back
Top Bottom