• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sturt Desert Rose........

Dingo

Wolf Icon
Navigating the space time continuum
7   0
Reaction score
Named after one of Australia’s early explorers......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Sturt

It flowers rarely and as it’s name implies it grows in the arid regions of Australia but where did I see it? In my young fella’s garden where he ignores it which it seems to like.......

4C44461A-8392-41F3-80F0-DE2DF5DD797F.jpeg

Can it kill you, and does it want to?
Come on it’s Australia, of course it wants to kill you. It smells beautiful and the scent is hypnotic, so it draws you in to sniff it and when you do the pollen is highly corrosive so it firstly eats your olfactory nerves and then your brain. It is easy to tell those who have sniffed the rose, they wander around aimlessly saying G’day mate and drinking Fosters. I have heard of a similar plant in the US but the effects are slightly different, apparently they like a place called Walmart, drink a chemical concoction called Budweiser and wander around saying Hey y’all.
:boink: :lol:

Come it’s Australia, of course it wants to kill you. It smells beautiful and the scent is hypnotic, so it draws you in to sniff it and when you do the pollen is highly corrosive so it firstly eats your olfactory nerves and then your brain. It is easy to tell those who have sniffed the rose, they wander around aimlessly saying G’day mate and drinking Fosters. I have heard of a similar plant in the US but the effects are slightly different, apparently they like a place called Walmart, drink a chemical concoction called Budweiser and wander around saying Hi y’all.
:boink: :lol:

Close they actually say “hey y’all”

I have several in my collection. They're a bit sticky to look after in our cooler climate. Mine spends half it's life in the greenhouse but they're beautiful when they bloom.
That’s great, post some pics please when they bloom.

Back
Top Bottom