• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stupid things you done as a kid

My brother and I made gun powder once,,, and only once! Daddy ended the gun powder making business for us after we burnt the front yard.

When I was 14, on a dare I rode up to the drive in window at the liquor store on my bicycle to try to buy a pint of liquor. The owner who knew my daddy well laughed his ass off gave me a pint of Cherry Vodka and told me to be careful and have fun.

Had a Roman candle "fight" in the dry summer in a buddies front yard....letcha guess what happened to his front yard

We were old enough to know better (16,17 years old) we tied a go cart behind a 79 ford truck and pulled each other down the road. We found out the truck stops quicker than the go cart. No serious injuries thank God.

We did the same thing, but we had about 75' of rope and rode in a big ass hay field. It was easier to keep the Ford running than it was the go cart.

I watch a jackie chan movie when i was 13 and in the movie a street bike is drifting the back tire while going really fast around a turn..... well at 13 all i had was an old Frankensteined huffy bmx bike and little hormone filled balls of steel. I went down the treacherous nieghborhood steep hill and as i aproached the sharp left hand turn i turnt the bike side ways, and since to " drift" your tires must be moving faster than you are to brake trackion and my huffy had no motor just the legs of a 140lb 5'8 13 year old, it immediately flipped over side ways bike over back about 4 times and fractured my left collar bone when a slid into a brick mailbox and my super cool shark tooth bracelet , which was absolutely my source for super human bike crashing skills, went gum deep into my right hand and my good buddy got a chuckle of a life time. At least until he realized that i had his brand new pager clipped onto my ballcap and thus shattering his state of the art technology. Hahah good thing i didnt die as it was still acceptable to call someone a______ ( insert name for a flamboyant male homeosexual ) for wearing a bike helmet. This may have also been my first experience with and short lived involvement with pot as well. I cant really remember. All i remember is chackie chan in Rumble in the Bronx and instantly grabbing the huffy to show my buddy how a fast a self preclaimed badass turns into a hospitalized dumbass with a lengthy sentence to my room and lots of grass cutting to pay the 500 dollar insurance deductible. F you jackie chan f you haha

Last edited:
Rolling up a quarter oz of black powder in paperbag paper and lighting it in an atrium of an apartment building and then trying to convince people not to call the cops!

I was working as kitchen staff at a pretty large summer camp in NC at age 16. At about 1 AM one night I snuck into the area that had the PA system attached to an antique record player. It was used for reveille and bugle calls to let the campers know when it was time to switch activities. The record player had RPM speeds from 16 speed all the way up to 78 speed. I found an old antique record rated for play at 78 speed (the hokey pokey I think) and put it on the auto drop feature of the turntable at 16 speed. The whole player slowed dramatically at 16 speed and it bought me some time. I then cranked up the PA to full volume and flipped the switch to start the record and started running to the staff cabin. As I jumped in my bunk I heard the record drop and a couple of static pops.

Then the entire valley of Lake Lure NC filled with the unbelievably loud, demonic sounds bouncing around the valley and off the lake. It sounded as if the gates of hell had opened up and released every tortured soul within. I know it woke up the whole camp and I'm pretty sure it woke up the whole town of Lake lure N.C. This went on for probably 5-10 minutes before someone dragged their butt out of bed, cleared their head and figured out what it was, got dressed, and shut it off.

The next morning at breakfast the owner of the camp gave a very stern announcement that it had scared many of the younger campers so badly that they had nightmares and wouldn't go back to sleep and that if they caught who did it that there would be severe consequences. Sure glad I was in the back of the kitchen seperate from the dining hall when the announcement was made to keep my guilty grin and stifled laughter from giving me away.
Needless to say I didn't tell anyone who had pulled the best camp prank in history for several years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom