• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Strange Deer

bigewalksalone

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
0   0
Reaction score
My son came home tonight and said he saw a deer walking by the road about a mile from
the house with 2 round orange tags in each ear. I didn't believe him so we rode back up there
and there it was,appeared to be a doe with a big orange tag in each ear. ??? Any idea.
Only thing I can think of is a pen deer that has gotten out.

giphy.gif

Hello neighbor :thumb: Notice any radio collar ? UGA occasionally studies White Tail and tags its ears with bright colors and puts on a RFI collar. Unfortunately it's flat out illegal to have pet White Tail and DNR and Game Warden will come take it, maybe a fine as well.
I know it is but have known several in years past that had em

Hello neighbor :thumb: Notice any radio collar ? UGA occasionally studies White Tail and tags its ears with bright colors and puts on a RFI collar. Unfortunately it's flat out illegal to have pet White Tail and DNR and Game Warden will come take it, maybe a fine as well.

Actually you can have them as a pet, but you have to get permission from the DNR. I know a taxidermist that has had one for several yrs. He gets visits from the DNR on a monthly basis, I’m yet the deer is still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can just imagine the poor hunter that shoots a wicked nice 8 point that has a collar on.
Drags it out of the woods then get surrounded like a Salem witch by a bunch of Bernie supporters with cell phones and they start throwing tofu at him for killing their neighborhood pet.

Back
Top Bottom