Straight Outta Compton

I never saw The Godfather because I'm white and not a criminal....or Good Fellas and on and on and on.....please.

I might see this it it hits Redbox because I had some experience with some of my fellow Marines from Compton way, way back and yea it interests me. Me, a white guy, black guy and a Hispanic Marine in my car and had a felony stop, guns out...why because of the mix of races and how it appeared we were up to something. White and black cops, after they saw our ID's they were polite and sent us down the road to visit my friends family in Compton for the weekend.

Crazy stuff going on there at the time.

My point is, it's clearly a "film" aimed at a certain demographic. I just don't get why white kids have any interest in the black gangster culture.

My point is, it's clearly a "film" aimed at a certain demographic. I just don't get why white kids have any interest in the black gangster culture.
That's an easy answer. White kids are exposed to that culture in every aspect of daily life. Everything from cable TV to the public school system glorifies ghetto deviance. It has even went so far as to claim that to reject that type of behavior is racist " White Privilege ". That is why Bernie Sanders let a few loud
mouth assholes shout him down and take the microphone from him at HIS OWN campaign appearance less than two weeks ago. Same reason a bunch of White crash dummies blocked a major interstate near Ferguson, MO last week.They have no lives of their own and they think the ghetto hip hop scene is cool. My neighbor has an Army wash out son who acts the same way. He drives an old Crown Vic and has half breed kids all over Fort Valley. I feel for his father but what can you do?

Once again I'll refer y'all to the scene in Gran Torino where the ****** was walking down the street with the Asian girl and ran into the thugs. The more he tried to identify with them the more the rejected him. That's how it is in reality only worse. And the confused white kids of today just don't realize that they are NOT black. But sooner or later some black person or more liked a group of black people WILL show them that they ain't black.
Rant over...

I'm not a "kid" I am a going on 60 years man that visited the area (as a US Marine) a few times and was amazed at the choppers flying over with spot lights in peoples homes and being stopped and held at gun point by some scared cops because people of different races traveled together. If it depicts it even closely then it does give a view of what the heck was going on at the time. Lots of news related to the 70's and early 80's about not only criminals but police crossing the line.

Last edited:
Me and the wife went to see Vacation in Hiram on Sunday. Bunch of young gangsta want a bees were there. One of the Gangstas had his pistol in his front pocket of his saggin pants. Pretty obvious what it was. Glad I had mine concealed on me. Told the wife that's why I carry concealed every where I can. Kind of hilarious.
Blasphemy, that is as bad as going to see the remake of Red Dawn!

Blasphemy, that is as bad as going to see the remake of Red Dawn!
1.bp.blogspot.com__5E31XTECCf0_UWZPk5RMkRI_AAAAAAAAFbs_Z2EGGO9RSn4_s320_vlcsnap00003ki.jpg

Back
Top Bottom