• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stop leaving guns in your cars..

its the way the cop said it. who was a fault? the guy/girl who followed someones stupid rule.
most truck guns are not for the fall back.some say that. they are more for the need. you dont know in this world whats gonna happen.
i wonder what would have happened in Texas if a few parents would have gad "truck guns"...maybe they did,maybe the cops would have shot them when they tried to enter. maybe the cops would have stacked up behind them...
we just dont know.

I don't think we're in disagreement.

I am pro-"truck gun", and I am pro-secure it. The extra seconds to retrieve a secured one vs an unsecured one (no specific way of "securing") would not have made the difference in the referenced shooting.

I don't think we're in disagreement.

I am pro-"truck gun", and I am pro-secure it. The extra seconds to retrieve a secured one vs an unsecured one (no specific way of "securing") would not have made the difference in the referenced shooting.
I agree that in a self defence scenario it is unlikely you’d ever need a fall back gun let alone have time to get it. But for where I live and what I’ve used it for ( yotes, wild dogs, and hogs) that extra second could well mean the difference between getting a shot and them vanishing into the woods.

Pretty sure whoever breaks your window or jimmies your door has something that can pry open your locked glovebox in a matter of seconds. So that 2nd lock they have to get past makes the gun all of a sudden secure?

It’s not LE’s job to make a private business run a certain way. Same goes for this thread. I’m not demanding anyone do anything. Leave your gun on your dash, idgaf. It’s your stuff. But accept part of the responsibility if it’s taken and used in a crime. Everyone agrees with what I’m saying. I know this because I’ve seen countless threads on here stating such. But since it’s a cops suggestion, “**** you I won’t do what you tell me” applies

Also…do you not carry a gun past a ‘no guns’ sign? I was under the impression everyone on the internet did that..I always have :noidea:
No, my opinion about this has always been consistent. I also notice you had nothing to say to your blue brother that recommends arbitrary criminalizing it.

Pretty sure whoever breaks your window or jimmies your door has something that can pry open your locked glovebox in a matter of seconds. So that 2nd lock they have to get past makes the gun all of a sudden secure?

That's not the point behind my thinking. Some may differ. But the whole point is an attempt at prevention.

Scumbag walks past vehicle, sees gun in floorboard or cupholder, THEN decides to break inside and steal it. Easily preventable.

Scumbag decides to break into your vehicle already, and only after going through finds location of gun. Yeah, not much can be done at that point.

Back
Top Bottom