• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stop leaving guns in your cars..

I know I’m probably preaching to the choir here but we had this situation yesterday.

As I come on in the morning we get a BOLO for a stolen car and inside the car was a pistol, so now criminals are armed. Later in the day we get a call about a man shot, it wasn’t my call so I don’t know many details but sounded as if it was an armed robbery gone sideways. A little later we get the same BOLO for the stolen car, but now details are added that it’s occupied by murder suspects from the earlier shooting.

Stop arming criminals, don’t leave unsecured weapons in your cars. That is all
gotta tell ya...i dont see anyone in law enforcement chastising people for leaving guns in their car...
you guys are the same ones who pull part time in the movie theater calling out people for carrying.
law enforcement needs to be telling/ encouraging all business owners to let us carry.
so our choices are get hassled for carrying and being told "you can put it in your car and come back in" or just dont carry at all....
lets start stopping criminals...

gotta tell ya...i dont see anyone in law enforcement chastising people for leaving guns in their car...
you guys are the same ones who pull part time in the movie theater calling out people for carrying.
law enforcement needs to be telling/ encouraging all business owners to let us carry.
so our choices are get hassled for carrying and being told "you can put it in your car and come back in" or just dont carry at all....
lets start stopping criminals...
It’s not LE’s job to make a private business run a certain way. Same goes for this thread. I’m not demanding anyone do anything. Leave your gun on your dash, idgaf. It’s your stuff. But accept part of the responsibility if it’s taken and used in a crime. Everyone agrees with what I’m saying. I know this because I’ve seen countless threads on here stating such. But since it’s a cops suggestion, “**** you I won’t do what you tell me” applies

Also…do you not carry a gun past a ‘no guns’ sign? I was under the impression everyone on the internet did that..I always have :noidea:

I know I’m probably preaching to the choir here but we had this situation yesterday.

As I come on in the morning we get a BOLO for a stolen car and inside the car was a pistol, so now criminals are armed. Later in the day we get a call about a man shot, it wasn’t my call so I don’t know many details but sounded as if it was an armed robbery gone sideways. A little later we get the same BOLO for the stolen car, but now details are added that it’s occupied by murder suspects from the earlier shooting.

Stop arming criminals, don’t leave unsecured weapons in your cars. That is all
To be clear, you are verifying that the criminals used THAT stolen gun to commit the murder and were otherwise unarmed?
Buncha simpletons in here.
I wouldn't say a bunch.
The amount of retardation in this thread is mind blowing
Despite being non PC, no argument.
Everyone agrees with what I’m saying.
Bad news for you.....

I do appreciate the victim shaming thread though. It's been a minute.

Just curious, what common sense gun laws do you agree with and what new ones would you propose?

The exception to your rant has absolutely nothing to to do with your occupation I assure you. It has everything to do with your lack of critical thinking. As a species, we devolved out of it, it seems.

To be clear, you are verifying that the criminals used THAT stolen gun to commit the murder and were otherwise unarmed?

I wouldn't say a bunch.

Despite being non PC, no argument.

Bad news for you.....

I do appreciate the victim shaming thread though. It's been a minute.

Just curious, what common sense gun laws do you agree with and what new ones would you propose?

The exception to your rant has absolutely nothing to to do with your occupation I assure you. It has everything to do with your lack of critical thinking. As a species, we devolved out of it, it seems.
You are so much nicer than me. LOL!

I had my deer rifle with me yesterday, had to run into kroger, didn't want to leave it irresponsibly in truck, so I took it in with me, got a bunch of looks.
Probably ought to let her carry it next time. Folks don't freak out so much.
1668083667453.png

It’s not LE’s job to make a private business run a certain way. Same goes for this thread. I’m not demanding anyone do anything. Leave your gun on your dash, idgaf. It’s your stuff. But accept part of the responsibility if it’s taken and used in a crime. Everyone agrees with what I’m saying. I know this because I’ve seen countless threads on here stating such. But since it’s a cops suggestion, “**** you I won’t do what you tell me” applies

Also…do you not carry a gun past a ‘no guns’ sign? I was under the impression everyone on the internet did that..I always have :noidea:
no its not, its also not my job to prevent criminals from committing crimes. as a matter of fact,i can get in trouble for ding so.
but
you guys should encourage places to allow people to carry. heck , them this story..
someone stole a car with a gun in it,and later maybe used the gun to shoot someone. if they had been allowed to carry,it would have never happened....
you blame the gun in the car, do you blame the victim for getting blood on the bullet?
why not be constructive?
"hey ODT as LE we see a lot of guns getting into criminal hands from stolen cars.. try to carry if possible, if you cant try and secure them. a great way is to get a set of handcuffs, cuff the gun (unloaded) over the slide and thru the trigger guard, the cuff it to the seat frame"

Back
Top Bottom