• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stop leaving guns in your cars..

i have been accused of being naive .... but is that really your car?šŸ˜‚
Thanks. That made me actually LOL.

No, I AM the gray man. I drive a mom car with no stickers at all. Or an Explorer, most common color available and also with no stickers of any kind.

I know Iā€™m probably preaching to the choir here but we had this situation yesterday.

As I come on in the morning we get a BOLO for a stolen car and inside the car was a pistol, so now criminals are armed. Later in the day we get a call about a man shot, it wasnā€™t my call so I donā€™t know many details but sounded as if it was an armed robbery gone sideways. A little later we get the same BOLO for the stolen car, but now details are added that itā€™s occupied by murder suspects from the earlier shooting.

Stop arming criminals, donā€™t leave unsecured weapons in your cars. That is all
You ready to have the conversation about the ethnic group respoinsible for the majority of theft? You want to talk about the revolving door for profit prison system or lib**** DA's who let criminals back into public?

No, it's not the gun owner's fault for being the victim of a crime. It's the criminal's fault. Period.

But I see it as a mitigation of risk. We know there are bad guys out there. We know there is a possibility of being robbed. Folks didn't use to lock their doors at night before they went to bed. Anyone NOT lock their doors before going to bed? Before going on vacation?

So if I don't want my property stolen I will secure it to mitigate the risks of losing said property.

I don't keep a firearm in any of my vehicles. But I am guilty of keeping one unsecured in my bedside table. But with layers of defense I'm not too worried about that one. And it goes in the safe when I go on vacation.

I think it boils down to being lazy. Probably one of the reasons I pocket carry an LCP all the time. Even in the house. Too lazy to strap up my 1911 in 10mm every time I run an errand. 1911 in 10mm = modern Fudd.

Vehicles are too easy to enter. Why risk losing a piece of your valuable property? Would you leave $500 in cash in your vehicle without securing it somehow?
I think it matters allot where you are located, I donā€™t lock our doors but we have a large German shepherd that roams around the house 24/7 so there is that. It far to impractical to remove a rifle, get home bag and all of the tools I need for work every time I get home, let alone ā€œsecureā€ them when I go in to the store. Would it suck to get everything stolen? yes! But when I need the rifle Iā€™m sure as heck not going to be finding my keys for the cable I ran through the chamber or whatever yā€™all are suggesting.

No one is saying donā€™t carry in your vehicle, theyā€™re saying donā€™t leave it unsecured in your vehicle.
This. Buncha simpletons in here. Car was unlocked, keys left inside, said murderous scumbags took the opportunity and stole it and now someone is dead. Simply locking the freaking doors and taking the keys into the house could have stopped it. Sure, criminals shouldnā€™t crime, but they do and this is a very well known aspect of any society. Simple measure should have been taken and gross negligence shouldnā€™t be overlooked.

Muh truck gun dough
download (2).jpeg

I was going to say, if you have firearm stickers on your car and keep guns in the car. You're asking for it. But I also never understood while people advertise the size of their family, what schools they go to, what hobbies your into, if you're a gun guy, who you voted for ect on your car either.

my wife has a german shorthair sticker on the back of her suv....if someone wants to steal that dog, go for it. Cant stand it.

You ready to have the conversation about the ethnic group respoinsible for the majority of theft? You want to talk about the revolving door for profit prison system or lib**** DA's who let criminals back into public?
I ainā€™t sayin youā€™re wrong. In fact thatā€™s one of the biggest contributing factors to being burned out in this job. We make good cases and make solid charges with mountains of evidence, the courts play poker with our charges by dismissing half of them and reducing the other half so itā€™s barely a slap on the wrist. Quite discouraging

You make many good points, but as you state, it boils down to laziness.
I have a dedicated car gun with spare mags that never leaves the vehicle. Not gonna worry about it.
Always have my EDC on me, so thereā€™s that. Of course, it also gets left in the car when I visit some gubmint buildings.
I also have multiple gas cards and a cash stash for travel that also always stay in the car. In and out too many times daily to hassle with packing it up then unpacking when I get back in.
I guess it all comes down to how much risk one is willing to take.
+1

Criminals can buy a gun off of ODT easier , safer and with less risk of being caught than breaking into a vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom