• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stop leaving guns in your cars..

No, it's not the gun owner's fault for being the victim of a crime. It's the criminal's fault. Period.

But I see it as a mitigation of risk. We know there are bad guys out there. We know there is a possibility of being robbed. Folks didn't use to lock their doors at night before they went to bed. Anyone NOT lock their doors before going to bed? Before going on vacation?

So if I don't want my property stolen I will secure it to mitigate the risks of losing said property.

I don't keep a firearm in any of my vehicles. But I am guilty of keeping one unsecured in my bedside table. But with layers of defense I'm not too worried about that one. And it goes in the safe when I go on vacation.

I think it boils down to being lazy. Probably one of the reasons I pocket carry an LCP all the time. Even in the house. Too lazy to strap up my 1911 in 10mm every time I run an errand. 1911 in 10mm = modern Fudd.

Vehicles are too easy to enter. Why risk losing a piece of your valuable property? Would you leave $500 in cash in your vehicle without securing it somehow?

Risk losing a piece of valuable property? Folks have a 70k dollar truck sitting in driveway. More worried about it than a smith shield or whatever.

I had an insurance adjuster come to my home to look at my motorcycle. As soon as he introduced himself he commented "You should remove all those gun stickers off your truck". Made sense. As been said, no, its not my fault the criminal steals but hopefully does kill the flashing light that advertises that I might have one in my vehicle.
I'm lucky I can bring inside work with me.

No, it's not the gun owner's fault for being the victim of a crime. It's the criminal's fault. Period.

But I see it as a mitigation of risk. We know there are bad guys out there. We know there is a possibility of being robbed. Folks didn't use to lock their doors at night before they went to bed. Anyone NOT lock their doors before going to bed? Before going on vacation?

So if I don't want my property stolen I will secure it to mitigate the risks of losing said property.

I don't keep a firearm in any of my vehicles. But I am guilty of keeping one unsecured in my bedside table. But with layers of defense I'm not too worried about that one. And it goes in the safe when I go on vacation.

I think it boils down to being lazy. Probably one of the reasons I pocket carry an LCP all the time. Even in the house. Too lazy to strap up my 1911 in 10mm every time I run an errand. 1911 in 10mm = modern Fudd.

Vehicles are too easy to enter. Why risk losing a piece of your valuable property? Would you leave $500 in cash in your vehicle without securing it somehow?
You make many good points, but as you state, it boils down to laziness.
I have a dedicated car gun with spare mags that never leaves the vehicle. Not gonna worry about it.
Always have my EDC on me, so there’s that. Of course, it also gets left in the car when I visit some gubmint buildings.
I also have multiple gas cards and a cash stash for travel that also always stay in the car. In and out too many times daily to hassle with packing it up then unpacking when I get back in.
I guess it all comes down to how much risk one is willing to take.

I was going to say, if you have firearm stickers on your car and keep guns in the car. You're asking for it. But I also never understood while people advertise the size of their family, what schools they go to, what hobbies your into, if you're a gun guy, who you voted for ect on your car either.

Back
Top Bottom