• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

stone arrowhead penetration testing

Survivor Johnny

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
i am doing some research on atlatl dart heads and what might be the best style to use and ran across this. if you bow hunt (he he) you might be interested to see what the American Indians were using and how well it worked

[video=youtube_share;LsqrlaIef2o]http://youtu.be/LsqrlaIef2o[/video]

Was not expecting that kind of penetration. Wonder what your atlatl will do!?!?

its "under construction" it should take 4 to 6 weeks for the wood to "season" to make the thrower. Until then I will be making the 6' arrows called darts. Who knows how long it take after completion to be able to hit a target. Keep in mind that a very very long time ago they hunted buffalo and mastodons with em

i watched a video where they were comparing the penetration against conquistador armor (Aztec -vs- conquistador) and it wouldn't go thru steel breast plate- but one of the throwers said "it doesn't have to penetrate the chest plate" and hit the target in the eye instead, lol

its "under construction" it should take 4 to 6 weeks for the wood to "season" to make the thrower. Until then I will be making the 6' arrows called darts. Who knows how long it take after completion to be able to hit a target. Keep in mind that a very very long time ago they hunted buffalo and mastodons with em

i watched a video where they were comparing the penetration against conquistador armor (Aztec -vs- conquistador) and it wouldn't go thru steel breast plate- but one of the throwers said "it doesn't have to penetrate the chest plate" and hit the target in the eye instead, lol

Not in line with the "primitive" part of primitive weapons, but I bet a steel penetrator tip on the dart would pierce it!

I've seen some video of atlatl use, and the power is absolutely astounding.

That was an awesome video. Very interesting facts and cool demonstration about the small arrow heads.

Back
Top Bottom