• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steyr 9x23

BagelMan

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
1   0
Reaction score
I just bought a Steyr Hahn model 1912 handgun that came with 50 rounds of Steyr 9x23 from the early 1900s. I want to shoot it a good bit and show it off to friends but it's near impossible to track down ammo for it. There are a few forums that talk about pressing your own 9x23 but I don't have the equipment or knowledge to do it myself. I was wondering if anyone here has done it before and could help show me the ropes or sell me a few hundred rounds.
The other option is to buy a barrel that has been converted to 9x19 but I want to shoot the gun the way it was intended to be shot.
Thanks in advance!
-HSS

You can find ammo sometimes. 9mm Largo is the same thing.

I have a mod 400 Astra and a Llama Extra both in 9mm Largo/Styre. I reload my own. Got the brass from Midway.

Just be sure you don’t get any 9x23 Winchester ammo. It’s too hot for your pistol. 38 Super automatic will also fit but it too is too hot.

You can find ammo sometimes. 9mm Largo is the same thing.

I have a mod 400 Astra and a Llama Extra both in 9mm Largo/Styre. I reload my own. Got the brass from Midway.

Just be sure you don’t get any 9x23 Winchester ammo. It’s too hot for your pistol. 38 Super automatic will also fit but it too is too hot.
yeah, I've been warned to stay away from the Winchester 9x23 but I've heard mixed opinions about using 9mm Largo in the Steyr 1912. I think my safest options are to either track down surplus 9x23 Steyr, press my own/by someone else pressed 9x23, or buy the converted 9x19 barrel.

Back
Top Bottom