• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info

Stealth Arms 2011

So I finally got around to getting a long-form video out on the Platypus-

If you like the video, please consider giving me a thumbs up and a sub. This was hands down the video I was most excited to make.
Thanks for the video. I have been looking at this gun for awhile. The hardest part is deciding if I want a two tone 2011 or just throw the cerokoat book at it. I have five different ones I have built and can’t decide which one I want. Time to start flipping a coin and decide.

Thanks for the video. I have been looking at this gun for awhile. The hardest part is deciding if I want a two tone 2011 or just throw the cerokoat book at it. I have five different ones I have built and can’t decide which one I want. Time to start flipping a coin and decide.
I built out a few before I settled on one. 🤣 I know your pain there

I love both of mine...actually like them better than my Staccatos. I bought them right after they were released, so the lead times were pretty short compared to what they are now.
20230522_125707.jpg

I built mine out and ended up at $1867 and some change, shipped. Granted, 17 weeks from order to in hand, which gave me enough time to pay off the balance on the credit card I used to buy it lol

I went with the middle trigger option- 3.0-3.5 lbs, and couldn't be happier. I'm not really a trigger snob, and I mostly shoot double action guns, so this seems amazing to me. It's very crisp, and the reset is short. Fitment is top notch- you can tell it's hand fit.

My experience with 1911's is fairly limited, as I've owned a couple cheap ones, a Kimber Ultra Carry, and a Sig Emperor Scorpion Fastback- the only one I kept is the Sig. That being said, the Platypus checks the 2011 box I was lusting after (for now) without having to shell out $80 + for magazines that can be somewhat difficult to source. (Who doesn't have a stash of Glock mags?) lol

The Cerakote work looks well done as well. Their optics mounting system is really well done too. I'll have more on my YouTube channel, Archetype of Man, in the coming weeks and months. I have a couple Shorts up of it now. At this point, I have no reason to dissuade anyone from ordering other than the wait, which is not all that bad considering you ARE getting a custom gun.
Nice! Gonna give ya a follow! Lets link up to blow stuff up, I would love to shoot it!

Dropping back by since I just published my update video on my Platypus, if anyone is interested. Over 2,500 rounds through her at this point, and I actually took the Platty out to the IraqVet8888 Range day around the first of the month and let a few other folks play with it there. Still extremely satisfied with my purchase. Only downside is the expense of the ammo you will inevitably want to put through it. 😂😂

I’m getting one soon, gotta have it. The only gripe I’ve heard is that some don’t drop the Glock mags very easily after empty but even if… I figure after several mags it’ll loosen up. ; That was Honest Outlaw’s take on it anyway. I have one built out black for under $1600. $1400 being the starting line. I’ll save that in magazines lol.

Back
Top Bottom