• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Steal on a rear tine tiller

Mine only rolls when cranked as well. I believe that’s the design.
Hmmm, thought I had it in neautral and stall, but maybe it wasn't quite locked in. Not exactly a smooth transition between selections. I will mess with it more when I go back next weekend. Just thought it was strange that you wouldn't be able to move it if it broke in the field. Dang thing is heavy too.
I bought the model with two control handles, it ain't moving unless the engine is running. That said I did what most will not do and looked at the manual under tilling tips. You set the wheel pins in Freewheel Mode to move it, You set it in Wheel Drive Mode when you want the engine to move it. Simple design that's almost foolproof, holes might get some mud in them over time.

What a pisser. I assembled the tiller when I got it home in August. Put in some fresh gas and it started right up and ran great. Fast forward to today. I had a heck of a time starting it. It finally started with full choke but wouldn't run when you took the choke off. It was running very poorly on full choke. I took the carb bowl off and checked gas. Gas looks clean. I took the air filter off and had it running and would spray starting fluid in the carb and it would run fine. It's starving for fuel. It seems like it would be a fairly easy fix but I don't want to start digging into it and screw up my warranty. I called HD and they opened a case on it. I guess I'll see if the warranty is worth anything.

What a pisser. I assembled the tiller when I got it home in August. Put in some fresh gas and it started right up and ran great. Fast forward to today. I had a heck of a time starting it. It finally started with full choke but wouldn't run when you took the choke off. It was running very poorly on full choke. I took the carb bowl off and checked gas. Gas looks clean. I took the air filter off and had it running and would spray starting fluid in the carb and it would run fine. It's starving for fuel. It seems like it would be a fairly easy fix but I don't want to start digging into it and screw up my warranty. I called HD and they opened a case on it. I guess I'll see if the warranty is worth anything.
I guess tomorrow I’ll go fire mine up just to see. The first time tilling it ran like a scalded dog. Keep us updated.

What kind of gas do you use in your yard equipment?

Friggin carbs in all my bikes atvs mowers get anything with an engine gets clogged year by year. I actually started user a slingblade this year. I miss the days of livestock power.

All of my lawn and garden equipment starts very reliably on ethanol free. I switched a few years ago from sometimes using E10, to sometimes using treated (Seafoam) E10 and not really paying attention to it. Used to have all kind of problems.

A tip I saw recently: When you go to pump ethanol free at the gas station, if the pump is shared with E10 (or even worse, E15), pump the first 1/2 to 1 gallon into your vehicle. You can get about 1/3rd of a gallon of whatever was in the hose in your gas can. If you're pumping directly into a smaller container (1 or 2 gallons), you can easily wind up with a substantial portion of ethanol in your ethanol free gas.

Back
Top Bottom