• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Steak and Chimichurri (3 types)

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
378   0
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, found the chimichurri on YouTube but man oh man, I had to share.

I seasoned some sirloin with salt and pepper, then seared in a cast steel pan on the side burner and finished them up on the gas grill. Quick and easy...the flavor is coming from the chimichurri so I didn't bother with the charcoal.

I bought 1 bunch of parsley and 1 head of garlic and chopped it all super fine. Separate into equal parts in 3 bowls. Each bowl is gonna get salt and ground pepper to taste, 3 tsp dried oregano, 2 tsp red wine vinegar, and a 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil. Stir to combine...

Jalapeno Cheese:
Take the regular chimichurri and add 1 tablespoon of finely chopped pickled jalapeno and as much finely grated white cheddar cheese as you want. I put a lot in mine. I also used some good white cheddar from the deli.

Spicy Sundried Tomato:
Take the regular chimichurri and add 6 finely chopped sundried and marinated tomatoes, 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce also finely chopped. I also added 1/2 a fresh habanero pepper (recipe called for a red hot chili pepper but I couldn't find them)...it wasn't super hot, I could have used the whole pepper. You guessed it, gotta chop it finely also. Lastly, stir in the juice from half a lime.

The tomato one was my favorite but we had company over and everybody loved them all. The plain chimichurri is great on crusty bread like at the Italian restaurants.

20200530_200006.jpg

Man that looks delicious!
I've had to lose a bunch of weight and I have 20 more lbs to go, then you call me out for this!:)
I'll need your chimichurri recipe of course.

Dang man, I didn't know!

The recipe is in the first post...tonight I cheated and used the food processor. I used a bunch of jalapeños and cheese, way more than the recipe calls for. Oh man it's LOTS better!

Back
Top Bottom