• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

State 4H Modified Trap

7pt62THOR

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
150   0
Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know how proud I am of the Oglethorpe County Shotgun Team.
Our senior team posted a score of 99 out of 100 and tied for 2ND. We then lost in a shootout to
Bryan County dropping us to 3RD overall. Congratulations to the Bryan County Team and to the Jones County
Team that took 1ST overall with a perfect score!
We did manage to produce the 1ST place Senior Individual in the state. Nick Elder had a perfect run in singles and doubles.
Way to go Nick!

There were almost 800 shooters shooting yesterday at the Rock Eagle satellite Shotgun Field.
Congrats to all shooters that made it to State!

From the Georgia 4-H Modified Trap Summary:

"Over seven hundred eighty (780) 4-H Shotgun Members from 63 counties demonstrated their skills. What a demonstration of skills it was! Seventy-two (72) Seniors ( grades 9-12) broke all 25 targets. Twenty (20) Juniors ( grades 6-8) broke 25 targets. These youth went to the respective Jr or Sr doubles’ stations for shoot-offs to determine placings "

I placed 12th in state for 4H. It’s a great program. I am really happy to hear that it’s still going strong.

Congrats to your team. I remember going up for the doubles elimination and was so nervous my knees were trembling. To place first under that kind of pressure is amazing. Please tell him I said congrats!!

Ya'll ain't gonna believe it when I tell ya, but Nick shoots a CZ SIDE X SIDE..........FROM THE LOW READY. :doh:
Even when shooting doubles! :shocked: That young man is the best I've ever seen with a side x side. I'd even tell ya that he shoots a FULL choke most of the time (TRUTH) but then you really would think I'm fibbin'...(I'M NOT!)
he likes to dust 'em!

Big shout out to his Parents, and his GrandPa for reloading a million shells for him to practice.

Encourage the 4-H counties who are participating in the Modified Trap program to take the next step and join those counties who compete in Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays.

"Twenty-two counties(22) are registered for the May 27-28 State Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays Match in Savannah."

Back
Top Bottom