Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

poopdaddy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
498   0
Reaction score
hey guys and gals
this is something that i think counts for a community organization, so i hope its in the right place.
i think all of the ga gun owners members already know about it, but here it is for the ODT
cut n pasted

Nothing makes me more upset than when government takes firearms away from our military veterans!

Such is the case of GGO member James Bivens, who served our country in Iraq and Afghanistan as an Army Ranger.

After his firearm was seized at a traffic stop in Dekalb County (seat belt violation) -- and all legal issues related to the stop were cleared up -- the Dekalb PD ran James through the wringer when he requested his firearm back.

Over the course of three months, James made more than a dozen calls and six personal visits trying to get his gun back, with no luck.

Frustrated with the bureaucracy in Dekalb, he picked up the phone and called us here at Georgia Gun Owners -- we helped him get his gun back!

http://pages.georgiagunowners.org/james_bivens/

dont forget to call the sheriff's office, expect a recording and leave a message.
they dont want to talk to us...

Don't waste your time calling the Dekalb Police Department. What people need to start doing is calling the Dekalb county commissioners, the county manager, and let them know that the DPD is openly violating HB60 The Georgia Safe Carry Protection Act and if it happens to you, you are ready to sue both the county and the officer/officers involved. When this Bill was signed into law, it was the county's who voiced the biggest concerns regarding lawsuits in which they would have too pay out. Look up the law and know it.

http://www.georgiacourts.gov/legislation/Summary of HB 60 Gun bill.pdf

i think he just complied with the officer. never forget you can bring there Sargent out, or the sheriff himself. you have that right, you will have to wait on the side of the road, but make them come out! also, never let them search your vehicle! if they want to, make them get a warrant.
but do go ahead and call the sheriff, be nice and let them know if it happens again he will be dealing with a protest and not phone calls.
i think GCO said lawsuit.

So property (ammunition) that is yours, legally possessed and guaranteed by our bill of rights is forfeited to the state and no compensation.....

Ever price a box of 20 SD rounds? But honestly it's not the money it's the principle.

I personally observed a fellow attempting to obtain a receipt for a gun sold several years prior in order to jump through the hoops in order to have his firearm returned from the Atlanta police (DeKalb?) during a routine traffic stop.

This ass baggery should not be tolerated! The leadership needs shaken up.

This video pisses me off.
Why do they have any right to seize this mans hollow point rounds and keep them?!?!?

And then submit to another background check to finally retrieve his weapon. Wow.
I am curious. Not that he needs one to have the weapon in his vehicle, but does he have a Georgia concealed carry permit? Did I miss that in the video?

Last edited:
Imagine if you were on your way to or back from the range and got stopped. Would they have confiscated all the weapons plus ammo if they had loaded mags?

It took a while for deputy Dan to find the pawn shop he sold the weapon too.. Oh and before he did, he fired off all those rounds. Gotta make sure you are selling quality stole... err confiscated items. Ya know?

i would have a hard time surrendering my weapon/weapons at all. I generally have my edc and a small bug out bag with another pistol in it.
make sure if they want to search you vehicle that they get a warrant. make the Sargent or sheriff come out before they search. make sure you give them as much trouble as they give you.

Back
Top Bottom