• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Squealing newer brakes on passenger rear tire only??

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
A few months ago I bought a new rotor, brake pad and hardware kit for my daughters 2008 Honda Element. The pads are ceramic. Everything was new and was cleaned and greased even though they were new. Greased: backs of pads, clips and pins. Her car is driven mostly around town on asphalt. It just started squealing on the passenger rear tire only. I just finished pulling it all apart and rebuilding it. Sanded off all rotor rust and sanded the pad faces as well. It is still squealing. Not sure how to fix this?

Are sure it's the brakes? Could be a bearing or hub? Or you could have bent the metal peice that let's known your pads are low

All 4 tires brakes were put together the exact same way and only this one passenger side squeals. The only thing I can figure is that the material the rotor is made of and that particular pad set have too much metal or cause a harmonic when brakes are applied causing the high pitch squeal.

Did you buy OEM/quality parts or cheap aftermarket parts?
Alot of the aftermarket stuff sold by the big-name chains and Amazon is junk at best.
Aftermarket ceramic pads are notorious for noise.
Big difference in pad greases too.
Any issues causing the suspect brake caliper to drag or not release cleanly/ consistently could have an effect on the grease causing noise, especially if the grease was not designed for the heat generated by disc brakes.

Back
Top Bottom