• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sportsman Warehouse

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I am not sure if they have them down there but they have a few up here. I went yesterday and looked over ammo and reloading supplies. Ammo is pretty much in line with everybody else but the powders they did have were only 32 to 35 bucks a lb. That's a great price but useless if you already have several pounds of the ones I can use. Still limited but the best price I have seen recently but still no primers. Also I swear there are more 6.8spc lovers out there than I thought there would be. Every 6.8 projectile option had been wiped out except the all copper rounds. Still they had good usable stuff. If they do have them there check in our next chance you get. You might get lucky and find something you might be able to use.

I think Chattanooga is the closest one that I know of. Sometimes stop when I was passing thru in the past.

saw primers at our local Academy sporting goods a few weeks ago. $8,99/100 I think.

I think Chattanooga is the closest one that I know of. Sometimes stop when I was passing thru in the past.

saw primers at our local Academy sporting goods a few weeks ago. $8,99/100 I think.
I lucked out and found some primers at Academy but they were small rifle primers. Fortunately it was one in Conyers and my sister lives right down the road so I ordered them and put them for customer pickup. She was coming up to visit in a couple weeks and she just brought them up with her. Did they have large rifle primers? It seems like the shelves are stocked with what I do don't need and not stock with the stuff that I do need. It's been that way for two freaking years nobody can be hoarding and collecting that many primers and powder I mean at some point it's got to stop or they got to run out of room to store it in. I wonder if the war in the Ukraine has anything to do with it? I'm pretty sure we're probably sending ammunition over there but if they're using a standard 5.56 you would think that all the large primers would be available and thensmall ones wouldn't be but in fact it's the exact opposite. Who really knows what the heck's going on. I just know I can't find what I need without having to pay a grotesque amount of gouging prices for it.

Sportsmans Warehouse is nice with good selections and fair prices.
I've bought guns on line from them and picked them up at their Chattanooga TN and Anderson SC locations.
I even emailed their corporate office inquiring about opening one in metro ****-lanta somewhere but they replied it was not in their interest.

You are right about selection. They had one of thr most extensive selections of shooting, hunting and fishing departments I have ever seen. Huge selection! I guess since the Atl. Metro area has a east and west Cabelas local they are pretty much covered. The closest one here is like a good hour away and even furthur if you live out in the sticks like me. They are too proud of their merchandise because they are high.

The one thing you would think that would be available is Winchester Dana Point 22 magnum. The only thing on the shelves anywhere is CCI and bullet weight is just a little too light and a little too fast for precision out of the gun that I own. But I swear you can't find it anywhere. I mean Winchester 45 gr. hollow point wouldn't be so scarce. They had a very large and competitively priced sales flyer as you go in also. It had a little of everything gun wise.

Back
Top Bottom