Something different- I have a teenager that wants to get into competitive shooting...

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
...where and how do I start? Are there leagues and competitions in the Atlanta area? Where can I find rules and guidelines based on what league/level they participate in?

i was on the 4 h rifle team in gwinnett. it was air rifle but it was a very good place to get your feet wet to the whole competition scene. id look there. also it depends on the high school but several around gwinnett and metro Atlanta had rifle teams when i was in school so id check that as well.

there are several IDPA leagues, IPSC and other competitive shooting matches around the Metro area. They are in Gwinnett Cherokee and Conyers area as well.

I shot on the Walton Co. 4-H .22 rifle team in High School. They also have a shot gun team. I think it is about time for them to start up.

Cherokee Gun Club in Gainesville has a .22 rimfire match that requires both a rifle and pistol to compete. There are several similar steel matches in the Atlanta area that follow the same basic format. As a matter of fact there is a match tomorrow that starts at 10AM at Cherokee that you and your teenager would be welcome to come out and watch.

www.Cherokeegunclub.org

Back
Top Bottom