• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Somebody ID ma Weed

No herbicide will knock it out quickly and permanently. repeated applications of an herbicide that contains 2,4-D (Weed-B-Gon, Weed Stop, Wipe-Out, etc) will control it, particularly if you start spraying when the weed is young.

The yellow, ball-like seeds of niruri develop under the leaves. They need very warm soil in order to germinate so you won’t notice the seedlings until mid-summer. Researchers say pre-emergence herbicides that contain atrazine (Purge) on centipede lawns and isoxaben (click for sources)
ir
on all turfgrasses give good results when applied in early May.

Did lawn care for 7 years. Everyone is correct about it being chamber bitter. Spectricide won’t touch it. Dismiss has been about the best thing to use for most all spring/summer weeds. It will take a minimum of 2 applications to get rid of it.

I have a 2 foot wide decorative stone border around my house and this stuff has been coming up. What I did was pull the weeds and sprayed the stone right after doing so with Ortho Max Poison Ivy and Brush Killer. (I call it Agent Orange) I tried it in a small patch and it works real well. I know this doesn't help you with the lawn, because the mix will kill everything it's sprayed on, but it does give you an idea of what you're dealing with.

I have one of their tip n pour bottles and it’s lasted me 2 years so far. Do NOT use 2-4d to try and control chamber bitter. You will be waisting time and money. 2-4d is good for basic broadleaf weeds. Dismiss will take care of majority of stubborn weeds during this season. Just know that 1 application will not a lot back but not 100%. You WILL have to go back a second and maybe a third time to kill off. A lot of weeds have a large root system.

Back
Top Bottom