• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Some positive thoughts

BigMike

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   0
Reaction score
I believe when the atf eforms get caught up to a reasonable approval time there will be a pretty good secondary market for NFA items, sold person to person.

As best I can figure, with the exception of machineguns, the secondary market is nonexistent. Paper forms take forever and are prone to errors like crazy. They next step I see is the ATF allowing P2P transfers through Eforms.

Thoughts?

I believe when the atf eforms get caught up to a reasonable approval time there will be a pretty good secondary market for NFA items, sold person to person.

As best I can figure, with the exception of machineguns, the secondary market is nonexistent. Paper forms take forever and are prone to errors like crazy. They next step I see is the ATF allowing P2P transfers through Eforms.

Thoughts?
I can't really imagine selling an NFA item and just tossing my $200 tax stamp in the trash.

Even if it was something you never used and hated?
Well that might be different but the thing is, I usually think long and hard and make sure it is something that I will hopefully always find useful before I spend the money for the stamp. If I were rich it might be different but I am not so no way of knowing.

I did my first Form 4 back in May, when 90 days was the goal. Today is day 250. As long as people are anti-ATF (read: funding), they will never be able to catch up wait time to a reasonable amount. That said, I would be willing to buy/sell/trade NFA items if I knew the wait was reasonabele.

I did my first Form 4 back in May, when 90 days was the goal. Today is day 250. As long as people are anti-ATF (read: funding), they will never be able to catch up wait time to a reasonable amount. That said, I would be willing to buy/sell/trade NFA items if I knew the wait was reasonabele.
You could increase that agency's budget 10 fold and you'll STILL be waiting a ****ing year for your stamps.

It is my understanding that there is only 8 people handling the entire nations NFA forms. I wouldn't hold my breath, especially with all the folks filing for their free SBR stamp.

Back
Top Bottom