• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some help getting started reloading

Reloading is NOT something to be Taken Lightly. Yes there is alot of Information on the Web. Some of it's Good and some of it's Bad. You have to Know which is which. Please understand You Can DIE from 1 Mistake. You can be Permaniently Injured from 1 Mistake. There is Misprinted Information in Manuals and on the WEB. Point being before You Dive In, you need to READ whether on the Web or in a Printed Manual and surely "UNDERSTAND" What it is, and Why it is, before you start Reloading. A mentor is surely great to have, But Not everyone has the Same or Good Safety Proceedures, just because they've been reloading for a few Years or have punched out a few thousand rounds doen't make them a Reloading Guru. This is not a Race to see how many rounds you can stamp out and go shoot. It is a Time Consuming Hobby, and the further you get into it the more you'll be able to see who the Ole Pro's are, and Listen to what their telling you. I'm not trying to Scare or Talk you out of it, but I am stating FACTS! Again You make the wrong Mistake, and you or someone close to you could Die or get Severely Injured. And anybody that tries to tell you "Not to Worry" about it, or it's "Not that Dangerious", I'd run like hell from. And surely would never be around them while they are shooting. Just My Opinion.

We have been reloading for over 35 years, and there is alot of good advice these gentlemen have offered to you. One thing to also consider get some some loading labels, you can, date the load, tell how much powder, the trim length it was trimmed too, type of bullet, brand of bullet, the grains of powder in that load so if works good in your gun, you will not wonder or guess what was done to that specific load.

These gentlemen have offered you a vast amount of information, which is good, now you must decide how to make it work for you.

remember by not making a decision you have already made a decision....

I appreciate all the advice guys, I got a great deal on here for a Lee single stage press and accessories. It came with the 4 piece 9mm carbide dies, so that is where I'll start by loading up some 147gr subs in it.

I few of you have PM'd me about letting me come over and watch how it is done, I appreciate that alot and have someone who is willing to sit down and teach me.

I'm definitely taking this slow and steady.

I appreciate all the advice guys, I got a great deal on here for a Lee single stage press and accessories. It came with the 4 piece 9mm carbide dies, so that is where I'll start by loading up some 147gr subs in it.

I few of you have PM'd me about letting me come over and watch how it is done, I appreciate that alot and have someone who is willing to sit down and teach me.

I'm definitely taking this slow and steady.

I'm loading the 147 subs right now. Your welcome to check it out any time buddy!

I'm loading the 147 subs right now. Your welcome to check it out any time buddy!
I got 4 day weekends all summer man, after finals I may take you up on that offer. Don't happen to have some 44mag dies do you? maybe you can help me cook up some heavy subsonic 44mag loads for this 77/44 I have threaded.

Back
Top Bottom