• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Some Asian hacked my Iphone 5

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
So I was at work last Friday and me and some co-workers were talking about our iphones. I told them my 5 has had glitches ever since they came out with the 9.0 updates a year ago. He asked if I had installed the latest update and I said heck no since my phones already jacked up enough. He then told me about the chinese hacking people iphones or iclouds or whatever (I don't keep up with that stuff) and proceeded to strongly recommend that I install the latest update which I did. Now today as I'm leaving work, I keep getting these notifications that are all in chinese (I'm assuming). Then I get an email from Apple saying someone accessed my account and if it wasn't me to change the password, which I did. Now I see they went in my calendar on my phone and setup 3 events, all in chinese. I've tried to delete it but it won't let me. This really ticks me off. I hate thieves and I hate hackers. So much for the protective "update". Hope the asians understand when I don't show up for the party. Now I want chinese food.

IMG_1324.PNG
IMG_1325.PNG

I do a lot of banking from my phone. Is there anyone who can check my phone to see if it's really been hacked and if any other info has been stolen?

If you suspect your phone is hacked (like you do) DO NOT USE IT FOR ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION! Duh.

Turn wifi and bluetooth off since they can be snooping on your networks.

Delete any banking apps and saved user names and passwords and go change your passwords from a landlined computer.

If you've got malware or someone has access to your phone's image or cloud, then updating the software may not get ride of it because the hole in the OS thinks you want someone on the otherside of the planet to have access to your phone's data (because Appul wanted to sell thier phones to big corporate users).

If you suspect your phone is hacked (like you do) DO NOT USE IT FOR ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION! Duh.

Turn wifi and bluetooth off since they can be snooping on your networks.

Delete any banking apps and saved user names and passwords and go change your passwords from a landlined computer.

Ya I haven't done and won't do anything on the phone until I at least wipe it or have a pro tell me its good. Apps deleted.

Ya I haven't done and won't do anything on the phone until I at least wipe it or have a pro tell me its good. Apps deleted.
You can do a factory reset yourself. There are plenty of sites and YouTube videos that walk you through it. I'd say that you have definitely been hacked. Change all of your passwords, too.

Back
Top Bottom