So you want to sell a vehicle????

Funny you should mention this. I've been in the market to replace a small SUV I gave to my son. I don't really know what I want other than something that's dependable and get's decent gas milage. I've walked away from four or five prospective purchases in the past couple of months simply because the seller wasn't forthcoming with simple info, like pictures of the interior, especially the trunk/cargo space. :)

Funny you should mention this. I've been in the market to replace a small SUV I gave to my son. I don't really know what I want other than something that's dependable and get's decent gas milage. I've walked away from four or five prospective purchases in the past couple of months simply because the seller wasn't forthcoming with simple info, like pictures of the interior, especially the trunk/cargo space. :)

It used to be that you could get some solid value by buying from private sellers. For our last couple vehicle purchases (life changes) that just hasn't been the case. It's a massive pain dealing with private sellers and since the internet took off, dealer prices have come down to earth since everyone can easily compare listed prices. My experience that car dealers are easier to deal with than regular people is a sad statement, lol.

Then you have the neckbesrds selling their truck that do give you the 278k mileage but have to add "but just barely broke in for a diesel."

so you wanna trade my 82 yota for your King Ranch or not? I know what I gotz dude, dem Toyotas last 4eva. It's on its 7th junkyard 22RE swap like new!

Another helpful tip is how long have they owned it.
Vehicle been in same family for it's entire life
or last ten years preferable to 5-10 different owners
and seller only had it a week-6 months. "Selling it
for a friend" may be to distance seller responsibility
from the vehicle.
Good idea if vehicle seems worthy after first glance
ask to see the title before spending more time checking
vehicle. Don't want a salvage title. Do want title in seller's name.
Not a third party on front and their signature on back w/ buyer
info slots left blank. Also note whether title vehicle marked as new
or used, if used how long since title was issued.
Another thing which helps is ask how many sets of keys?
One or two hopefully they are factory originals not copies.
Newer security keys cost a lot more to get copies made.

What I hate is the state now gets 7% (iirc) when new title is applied for.
Their way around people fighting their attempts to get sales tax on
private sales. Did agree to abolish ad valorem tax but 7% everytime
any car changes hands is a bigger piece of the pie. Our pie.

These are "one owner" slightly used!!!
63303958618__E4BDA271-50B4-4A37-BE9E-C93FB28924F0 (1).JPG

Back
Top Bottom