• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So you miss the good old 70s ?

December 1969 there was a draft lottery. January 2, 1970 I got an invitation from the draft board to show up for a pre-induction physical. March 3, 1970 I was on a bus to the Atlanta Airport for a flight to San Antonio, TX for Air Force Basic Training. End of 1970 I was at Elmendorf AFB in Alaska, Mid 1972 Clark Air Base the Philippines, End of 1972 I was on a plane headed to Vietnam for the first of many "visits". Mid 1973 got to see the POW's come home to the PI. End of 1973, RAF Chicksands, England, Mid 1976 Fort Meade, Maryland for a 5 year stint at NSA (and yes, they do all that bad stuff you hear about). 1981 off to Iraklion Air Station, Crete, 1983 San Antonio, TX HQ ESC, 1986 - 1992 Misawa Air Base, Japan. So, that was the 70s and 80s for me. Other than being in a different country every little while I was doing the same stuff. Oh, a couple of years before I left Japan they opened up a Burger King on the base.

Anyone that lived through the 70’s should not have to re-live it. Bell bottoms, platforms, big hair, polyester, Tie-dye. I hope none of these ever come back.
Forgot about that irritating, obnoxious disco shyte. Disco is like the Black Plague...Once in world history is enough and it should never be heard again.

Back
Top Bottom