• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, who else still carries a S&W Airweight? anyone else but me?!

I have owned several Rugers and have never had one fail! Well built like tanks. I have not owned but one Taurus and it functioned as it should. Older Rossi guns are well built. I have been lucky I guess. Only had one Smith go down but it was shot a bunch and close to 60 years old.

I've got a Ruger Security Six SS in .357 that was a range gun for the INS. Made in 1974, it logged 8,137 rounds -all in .357- before being 'retired'. The arms room record came with it and showed NO repairs other than going through three sets of grips.
If I could only have one gun for the Zombie Apocalypse....

I've got a Ruger Security Six SS in .357 that was a range gun for the INS. Made in 1974, it logged 8,137 rounds -all in .357- before being 'retired'. The arms room record came with it and showed NO repairs other than going through three sets of grips.
If I could only have one gun for the Zombie Apocalypse....
I had a pretty worn security six myself. The only thing I replaced was the cylinder stop. It cost me $3. Lol! Ruger revolvers are built. Never owned a bad one.

Don't tell me the performance center model has issues. That's the reason I paid the extra in hopes this one wouldn't have to go back to the factory.
Not at all. It’s me. I’m not very experienced with revolvers in general and even less so with DAO revolvers. I was short stroking the action because I was doing it improperly. I’ve sat here for about 2 hours working on it and reading and watching etc and I’m excited to hit the range tomorrow. Everything is moving super smooth and clean. Love it. You’ll be happy!

I’m glad to be learning something new and challenging, got a reason to buy bulk .38 and shoot a bunch now.

FADD39D8-1391-43F3-92A7-66993B3DB6E9.jpeg

Don't tell me the performance center model has issues. That's the reason I paid the extra in hopes this one wouldn't have to go back to the factory.
I believe you will be very happy! There is a night and day difference in the action, fit, and finish.
Not at all. It’s me. I’m not very experienced with revolvers in general and even less so with DAO revolvers. I was short stroking the action because I was doing it improperly. I’ve sat here for about 2 hours working on it and reading and watching etc and I’m excited to hit the range tomorrow. Everything is moving super smooth and clean. Love it. You’ll be happy!

I’m glad to be learning something new and challenging, got a reason to buy bulk .38 and shoot a bunch now.

View attachment 1810514
glad it’s working out! The more you shoot it the more you will love it!

So, just for the record I want to say I hate you, lol! I want this damn gun. I have been looking but those bad boys are not cheap.

Yea they have gone up in price alot since I bought mine. But it was pricey in comparison to old prices then too.
They are so nice to carry. The gun weighs about the same as 5 .357 rounds.
They are not very enjoyable to shoot however.

Yea they have gone up in price alot since I bought mine. But it was pricey in comparison to old prices then too.
They are so nice to carry. The gun weighs about the same as 5 .357 rounds.
They are not very enjoyable to shoot however.
They are also apparently rare to find for sale. I feel incomplete. The search continues. Lol.

They are also apparently rare to find for sale. I feel incomplete. The search continues. Lol.
The best way to scratch this itch and save a lot of money is shoot a few cylinders of 357 through it. You could save yourself all of the trouble and just slam your hand in a truck door a few times.

Back
Top Bottom