• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, who else still carries a S&W Airweight? anyone else but me?!

Actually, i carry 2, a 442, and a 637. the old NY reload. i know they kick like a mule, are slower to reload, have limited capacity, tougher to shoot accurately... blah, blah, blah. i love and trust the venerable Js, and have plenty of trigger time on mine. what say the crowd? am i a dinosaur, caveman, throwback? i admit i am 48, and love old detective movies. i have carried one as a back up for work, and as a civilian for over 20 years now. ready, GO!

my wife carrys this revolver. She loves it.

Reactions: JWC
637 with bobbed hammer, DAO action job, for me.
I don't normally carry the five round speedloader or the rubber speed strip on my person, but they are in the center console of my vehicle or otherwise usually close by.

P.S. -- I am definitely not happy with the fact that this gun only holds 5 rounds, and I can't shoot really tight groups with it like I could a 3 inch barreled semi auto.
But the concealability (especially as to that small grip) makes all the difference.

Attachments

• 3CBC678D-CB3F-49F2-9423-C93718922ECA.jpeg
    3CBC678D-CB3F-49F2-9423-C93718922ECA.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 29
I am currently without an air weight but often pocket carry my Model 60 for many of the same reasons previously mentioned. I am going to grab another. I just cant decide which model I want. I would love to carry my Glock 19 everyday but work dress requirements as well as lower back pain leaves pocket carry as my most common choice. I have tried other options and my 43 is a better option on paper but doesnt come from my pocket as easy as my J frame. I shoot enough 38 reloads to feel pretty good about my chances.
https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...hts-5-shot-j-frame-38-special-p-nice.1782373/

Here you go!

guess i should have included models like 40, 60, 36, 49 for the steelies... i have a couple of those too, but the airweights seem to get the nod more than the steel js. guess like a couple other posters, i'm in my late forties, am in desperate need of back surgery, but won't leave the house without a gun on me. had a G42, and a couple of LCPs over the years, but the venerable J frame is still my go to. guess there's a reason S&W continues to churn 'em out after 68 years!

Back
Top Bottom