• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, whats your job?????

klarktx

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
107   0
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone wanted to chime in on their careers. We all chat it up here and we begin to draw a picture of people based on their input and stories. I thought it would be interesting to see what we all do. Ultimately we spend far more time at work than anywhere. Chime in if you are comfortable.

ME:
I am a National Project Coordinator for a Disaster Recovery company. My company are called in to mitigate losses on commercial property due to fire, flood, hurricane, tornado, nuclear event, airline crashes, documents, etc.

I have been in this game since 02 and have traveled the world and been around most major events in that time. Katrina, Tsunami in Indonesia, etc.

Its a great gig, but even though it SEEMS recession proof, it isn't. We have our slow times. The down side is the almost constant travel and having to leave at ANY time. But thankful to have a job these days.

Before I get a million PM's from people asking me to send a crew over to their house, we aren't geared towards residential, but I would always go out of my way to consult or lend advise. I am a certified Mold Remediator as well.

What about you?

I am a "machinist" I use that term loosely because I have only been doing it for three years and there is so much I do not know how to do yet.

Been with Eckerd Drugs...Now Rite Aid Pharmacies for over 20 years. Retired 3 years ago as a District Operations Manager. Stayed on with Rite Aid to start up a new Home Pharmacy Delivery Program which has been very successful and now I get to be one of the happy hourly associates....No suits, no meetings, to corporate bull****.....just smile and deliver drugs all day!!

I sit at a desk and do accounting. for many years i worked outside doing welding and such. A lot nicer inside in the AC in the summer and cozy in the winters.

Been working for the GDOT (Georgia Department of Transportation for people who didn't know). I'm a Assistant Highway Maintenance Foreman over district wide (32 Counties) Bridge and Concrete Maint. Crew. Been at it for little over 11 years.

Back
Top Bottom