• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So, the wife’s on her annual pilgrimage…

lostchild

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Protector of the 100 acre wood
68   0
Reaction score
to YHC in Young Harris to meet up with her classmates and sorority sisters. They meet annually to get drunk, tell lies and have a fun weekend on campus and on the lake. Sorta like guys, but without the testosterone, so there’s less “hold my beer” moments. 40+ years her class has been doing this, don’t think she’s missed many. I’ve met most of these gals, age has not dampened their party spirit.
So, anyway, it’s me and the cat, free to cook and eat all the stuff she hates. Lamb, Brussels sprouts, Vidalia onion casserole, stuffed clams. Maybe late in the season, but a nice bowl of oyster stew if I can find some that are from cooler waters.
And, oh yeah, free to sip that second (third?) Jameson Black Barrel without gettin’ the fish eye. Cat’s not keeping score.

I always cook stuff my wife doesn’t like when I am home alone. Maybe that’s more common than I’d have figured. Chili is usually pretty high on the list.

Lamb chops are on the menu tonight. I love the little loin chops they sell at Sams and Costco. Costco is $2 cheaper so I stock up when I'm up there. BTW- get a dog. The cat IS keeping score. Nothing against cats, I have one. Dogs are less judgmental.
Just don't tell the dog everything
u2lhiexfc7j41.jpg

Well, she made it back safe and without incident Tuesday. Gonna take her a couple days to recover. 45th class reunion, everyone survived it. Or if some didn’t, no one’s talking, and I hear that lake is deep.
Sure was a peaceful, quiet 6 days here.

Back
Top Bottom