• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So long.Farewell. It's been a lot of fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got your alerts set to send you an email when you receive a PM?

That may be why some of us get an email with our hats and some don't. LOL
Naw the mods call me on a conference call and laugh and snicker when I get a hat...next time they want to do a video conference so they can see the crushed look on my face.

I debated quite a while before I decided to post a response to CQB27’s post. The reason I debated posting a reply is because I have a great deal of respect for CQB 27. While I have not met him in person, our conversations through PMs, has lead me to consider him a member who merits respect. But, I disagree with quite a bit of what he posted.

The members of this site are not bricks in the wall or cogs in a machine. We are members of a site that makes money on our membership whether we are a supporter or not. We, as members, are not an interruption of the job the owner and the MODs have to do, we are their jobs. Without members, this site could not stay open. Some may believe that there is an endless supply of those wanting to be members of this site, and right now, that may very well may be the case. But, if the members of this site are consistently told that they are complainers, whiners, told “if you don’t like it here, leave”, told that “we should act like grown ups, told to read the rules, told we don’t have the ability to understand how the site is operated and other condescending lines, then there may well be a limited number who want to stay. This site has virtually no competition in this market. This site is the big dog in this market with nothing more than a couple of scraggly rats to compete with for members. I am sure lack of competition leads those in charge to believe they can treat the members any way they want. Frankly, I understand why they would feel like this, ODT is the best in the market. But, what if another site was to open, that provided real competition and members start either to leave or become less active on this site? Would those in charge feel the same way about the members? Would they still speak condescendingly to the members? Probably not, because even the most aloof pinhead who sits in authority would come to realize that if posting goes down, so do the number of advertisers and therefore profit. I am not looking to be loved back by this site, nor do I believe this site will fail if I leave, but I do know this, every member counts on the bottom line. This site should strive to keep as many “bricks” and “cogs” as they can, not cater to every whim, but not run them off because they complain or voice an opinion different to those in charge.

There was an internet site before ODT, and look what happened when they ran off their members...........ODT. It could happen again. But I am just a member here, and what do I know?
VERY well said! I think several BIG dawgs NEED to realize this.

I debated quite a while before I decided to post a response to CQB27’s post. The reason I debated posting a reply is because I have a great deal of respect for CQB 27. While I have not met him in person, our conversations through PMs, has lead me to consider him a member who merits respect. But, I disagree with quite a bit of what he posted.

The members of this site are not bricks in the wall or cogs in a machine. We are members of a site that makes money on our membership whether we are a supporter or not. We, as members, are not an interruption of the job the owner and the MODs have to do, we are their jobs. Without members, this site could not stay open. Some may believe that there is an endless supply of those wanting to be members of this site, and right now, that may very well may be the case. But, if the members of this site are consistently told that they are complainers, whiners, told “if you don’t like it here, leave”, told that “we should act like grown ups, told to read the rules, told we don’t have the ability to understand how the site is operated and other condescending lines, then there may well be a limited number who want to stay. This site has virtually no competition in this market. This site is the big dog in this market with nothing more than a couple of scraggly rats to compete with for members. I am sure lack of competition leads those in charge to believe they can treat the members any way they want. Frankly, I understand why they would feel like this, ODT is the best in the market. But, what if another site was to open, that provided real competition and members start either to leave or become less active on this site? Would those in charge feel the same way about the members? Would they still speak condescendingly to the members? Probably not, because even the most aloof pinhead who sits in authority would come to realize that if posting goes down, so do the number of advertisers and therefore profit. I am not looking to be loved back by this site, nor do I believe this site will fail if I leave, but I do know this, every member counts on the bottom line. This site should strive to keep as many “bricks” and “cogs” as they can, not cater to every whim, but not run them off because they complain or voice an opinion different to those in charge.

There was an internet site before ODT, and look what happened when they ran off their members...........ODT. It could happen again. But I am just a member here, and what do I know?

Amen.

:thumb: Grown men can agree to disagree.

Dang.....I'm gone for a couple months and WTH?? Seems like a simple call ; But I'm still a newbey what do I know? It'll take more than a couple Colonels to run me off though (NOT a challenge) . Thin the herder's . ODT Forever!!!

Do you feel anyone was condescending in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom