• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So I've put 1900 miles on my truck since I got it a year and a half ago.

I have a 2010 F150 that just rolled over 57k. i get my oil changed yearly and try to drive it at least once a week to keep the battery from ruining, especially in the cold mount. Now my company car gets new oil about every month and a half….… lol.

I have a 98 GTP with 95K (now)spent 18 1/2 years in garage when it was put back on road 3 years ago had to replace Pullys, alt, fuel pump, AC compressor and pull Supper charger apart to clean out gelled compressor oil ........ and a window motor
not good for them to sit ........... LOL

I would change it immediately and then every 6 months afterward.

I’ve been working on Mercedes for 30 years.
One of the biggest problems I’ve seen on Mercedes engines comes from people
Simply NOT driving them.
They develop oil Leaks, sludge and gasket breakdown from stagnation, moisture intrusion and premature engine wear from moving metal parts sitting stationary in their seat without movement.
I tend to agree somewhat with this video when it pertains to certain engines.
I always suggest to these customers to start driving their vehicle regularly but it is very hard to sell any type of service work to people who think by not driving their car they only need to service it when their maintenance light comes on which is usually one year if rarely driven.

The last lady that I told about such things ended up having a stuck lifter after repeat ⚠️ warnings from me and of course it was my fault for not having my crystal ball and for seeing the stuck lifter one morning when she decided to take her grand daughter shopping for purses.

It’s easier to tell a guy to take it out a couple
Times a week and just run the hell out of it than it is for a woman.

Reactions: GFB
Just a testament to running a vehicle.
My
Service truck is a 2007 Ford E 250 van.
It has 280-k miles , zero oil leaks and runs like a champ.
I drive this thing like a police pursuit vehicle every single day and it has been the most reliable vehicle I’ve ever had.
I change the oil every 5000 miles and spark plugs and coil packs every 50-k miles.
Engine air filter with every other oil
Change.
Transmission fluid filter and gasket every year.
Sometimes I double up on the trans fluid and evacuate Al I can from the dipstick tube and pump
In as much new as as the old I took out.

Disagree. The engine that guy is talking about is known for cooling related failures. Design flaw, not oil failure.
He is talking about Ford EcoBoost engines in general in part of the video, not just the one pictured here, which is a different engine from what OP has. Personally, the only F150 I would ever consider is a NA V8 because all this dirty turbo wizardry scares me as a buyer who always intends to keep vehicles well out of warranty. If I did have a vehicle with EcoBoost (and I wouldn’t) I would be extremely diligent with oil changes.

Caveat - Not a mechanic.

Back
Top Bottom