• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I bought a Jeep. Now what?

Man does this say a lot. I've had so many friends get Jeeps (not a Liberty, Grand Cherokee or the like) and put all the crap on it. Its like a disease. The 2-door will do most things with no mods at all. Some folks just keep pushing it till their vehicle itself is the limiting factor and go and mod it to hell.

Must Have List:
Hi-Lift jack, light bar, big stereo, stickers, custom bumper(s), CB and massive antenna, tow package, more lights, big oversized shackles, chain to loop between the shackles, roof rack, multiple/varied tops, under lighting, in-wheel lighting, rhino lined floors, rock sliders, lift kit #1, upgraded wheels, bigger tires, upgraded spare mount, upgraded axles, upgraded/bigger brakes, lockers, bigger lift kit, even bigger tires, bead locker wheels, body panel mods, snorkel, better diffs/gearing, locking gear/storage box, removable suspension linkages, air compressor, custom seats/covers, bigger exhaust, muffler/cat delete, tow/jerk straps, rigging adapters, fuel cans/mounts, traction plates, shovel w/mount, air/train horns, engine mods, engine swaps, billet add-ons to stuff you've already swapped (diff covers, steering knuckle, pans)...I'm sure I'm leaving a few things out.
I only put all terrain tires on my 2 dr Wrangler. I could go anywhere the rest of those tards with every option could

Most of the time folks will spend buttloads of money putting all that crap on them then they never go off the road except to occasionally pull around the back yard or something ! 😂

The pocket mod:
J-ust
E-mpty
E-very
P-ocket
…truth, but you’ll enjoy it sometimes (mods) and sometimes you won’t (repairs).

Agree on the sunrider top. Most used mod. Get a trail cover for pop up showers with the doors and top off.

Welcome to the club!
(‘21 Gladiator on 37s and such)

IMG_2209.jpeg

4 years ago I decided to get a JK and the most important thing to me, was to find one that had no rust...That proved to be a challenge and it took me almost a year to find one..I decided to get this 2007 JK 3.8 auto. Since I could not afford a new one, I decided to completely restore this one, it only had 144k miles.
New Jasper long block, hoses, all belts and wires
alternator
starter
Radiator
ft and rear bumpers
new suspension
new brakes
new tires and wheels
Double Din radio combination
Drivers seat track to be able to move further back
new Total innovation vented fiberglass hood, this was to vent heat off the engine compartment.
new battery
Locking gas cap cover
Thanks to my brothers electric drop down running boards
It had a ragged soft top, so I purchased a used 3 piece hard top
and more
I now have 22k miles on her and she runs like a top..I did not purchase her for off heavy off road...I
just wanted it for around the mountains here.

jeep finished - Copy.jpg

4 years ago I decided to get a JK and the most important thing to me, was to find one that had no rust...That proved to be a challenge and it took me almost a year to find one..I decided to get this 2007 JK 3.8 auto. Since I could not afford a new one, I decided to completely restore this one, it only had 144k miles.
alternator
starter
Radiator
ft and rear bumpers
new suspension
new brakes
new tires and wheels
new Total innovation vented fiberglass hood, this was to vent heat off the engine compartment.
new battery
Locking gas cap cover
and more
I now have 22k miles on her and she runs like a top..I did not purchase her for off heavy off road...I

View attachment 6007739
Love the hood profile

Love the hood profile
Thanks It is the original design, not one of the china knockoffs made out of metal. It is so stout that you can stand on it, but a lot lighter and it has channels under the air dams to channel water away from the engine..The others don't.

alternator
starter
Radiator
ft and rear bumpers
new suspension
new brakes
new tires and wheels
new battery
Locking gas cap cover
and more

View attachment 6007739
You done good on it…it looks great and the best thing about it is you KNOW what you have. You know what has been done so if you have any issues you can go back to warranty the part or whatever or if it hasn’t been done you know it needs that certain part .
It really looks great too !

Back
Top Bottom