• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So how many folks got a call from the Postal Inspector lately?

Seems that a member here was caught mailing over 700 guns to CA starting around Jan. 2019. Just got a call from USPS inspector based in CA about a G43 I sold him.

I'm waiting on official notice but pretty sure it's not a scam, since they just want the serial number confirmed.

Sounds like he got at least 200-300 of them here, based on his feedback score.
The FIRST thing you always do when anyone wants to 'confirm' a number, address, etc. with you is to make them cite the ENTIRE NUMBER FIRST! Always. Then you can say yes or no.

I'm assuming that they got all the ODT info from him. The agent only knew the info about me that was publicly available on the site if you look up my account, or was mentioned in my PMs with him. Plus the gun info of course.

I can't post the user ID since I already got dinged for doing it once. I've had a few PMs that I've either confirmed or not whether a particular member was the one involved.

Seems kind of silly to me since this guy is in custody and facing roughly 700 firearms charges according to the agent I talked with. I doubt he'll be around to complain to the mods about being 'called out'.

I can say that he seems to have only been interested in 9mm Glocks. Every person who got the right name sold him one of those. In fact I really wonder how much he was personally responsible for the overpriced Glock syndrome we were seeing the last two years.

From what I've heard now from two members is that he would simply buy any that came up. One member said he stopped answering his PM's because he would always 'I'll take it" any 9mm Glock that he put up.

Kind of makes sense as well, since you can't get anything beyond a Gen 3 in CA because Glock never submitted them for their 'handgun roster'. I bet he was getting a premium for Gen 4/5 guns from here.

As for the US mail, the agent works for the the 'interdiction' task force. I doubt they scan every piece of mail, although they might. Still, look how much gets through TSA. Maybe they caught some of these in transit but he didn't tell me that.

Just a guess but I'm figuring one of these was a crime gun and they they just followed the trail back by offering a lesser sentence for info. He obviously had a contact in CA he was sending them to, so maybe they rolled on him? Who knows...

What sucks is that this will probably make the news (700 guns!) sooner or later, and provide more fuel for the 'universal' background check lobby. Not that that would have stopped this guy, but they won't mention that detail.

For general knowledge, my wife can go online and see exactly what the USPS is delivering to our mailbox each day. It is all being monitored along the way.

I had that for a while, but it's just the name and address and such, not what's actually inside the package. That address stuff is 100% automated from what I understand, at least until your carrier delivers it to the wrong place.

Back
Top Bottom