• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So how many folks got a call from the Postal Inspector lately?

Bill of Sale doesn’t prove you did any of what I mentioned.
I was remarking on the “it’s not my job“ mentality that has burned people in the past in a variety of legal matters.
Take it as you will, but that’s real world…

Not to hard to figure out. Look at OP's feedback, scan for members with high feedback but you don't recognize their name, search their post history, see the one posting "I'll take it" on literally every Glock posting around 2019-2020.
Took about 10 minutes.
Sherlock Holmes

I think the LACK OF a bill of sale can be one of the "circumstances" that factor in a totality of the circumstances analysis.

One, whether you knew or should've known that you were engaging in a gun deal with a person who shouldn't have a gun.

Two: If the State has other evidence to prove you were the one who sold the gun to the Bad Guy, does your unwillingness to do a bill of sale push the totality of the evidence over into the 'probable cause' for "you've committed a crime" category?

I'll bet that just about any judge would allow any prosecutor to bring up your refusal to do a bill of sale (with an anonymous stranger who responded to your online ad) as suspicious and thus admissible as evidence against you.

The decision of how important that factor is -- how much "weight" to assign to it--will be left up to the jury.
But I think the jury will hear that evidence, and if they think it's suspicious, they'll hold it against you.

I think the LACK OF a bill of sale can be one of the "circumstances" that factor in a totality of the circumstances analysis.

I'll bet that just about any judge would allow any prosecutor to bring up your refusal to do a bill of sale (with an anonymous stranger who responded to your online ad) as suspicious and thus admissible as evidence against you.
There is absolutely zero probative value in highlighting the fact that a person did not do something that is not required of them. In fact, I would argue that attempting to do so would be far more prejudicial and objectionable.

I am assuming that they are just being put in a box and sent to someone in California no FFL?....otherwise why would anyone from the postmaster or other law enforcement be involved....
Yeah I just assumed they avoided the FFL all together. I also assume it was a member from around the Atlanta/ North area. But if it's not a violation someone please PM me the user name.

Absolutely ! Most on here buy, sell an trade a wide variety of stuff.

Stuff like hunting gear and auto parts, grills ,firewood. Free stuff will get you feedback. A giveaway. On an on :)
Hell maybe as much as half my feedback scores are ammo cans and tool kits. Not to mention mini fridges and MREs .

Back
Top Bottom