• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snowpocalypse 2.0

I tripped over this site today:

http://snowjam82.com/

It a small site with pics and stories of the snow storm in 1982.

Wow that's neat I didn't know that snow event had a name. I was working in Texas at the time and drove 18 hrs straight to get back home not knowing the storm was right behind me.Woke up the next morning and there was snow everywhere. If I had stopped for the night in Louisiana like I almost did I would have been stuck at a motel for three days.

Wow that's neat I didn't know that snow event had a name. I was working in Texas at the time and drove 18 hrs straight to get back home not knowing the storm was right behind me.Woke up the next morning and there was snow everywhere. If I had stopped for the night in Louisiana like I almost did I would have been stuck at a motel for three days.

I didn't remember the name myself until I saw the site. I was in 8th grade that year, and I remember that the storm hit right as school was letting out for the day. I usually walked home from school (only about 1.5 miles) but my mother was worried about us and came to pick us up in the Chevy station wagon. She slid and near went in the ditch pulling out of the school parking lot, and the rest of the short drive was just as bad. I always thought I'd have been safer walking.

Back
Top Bottom