• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smith & Wesson M&P 15 5.56 at Mainstreet Guns in Lilburn

No price checks in Steals and Deals?? Dang!!
Well, the thing about those "I remember" price checks is, that was then. And this is now. Not saying you couldn't find it for cheaper, or that it won't be cheaper later on. Just wanted to pass it along in case anyone is interested.

It wasn't that long along that it was a lower price but you are right to share for those that have to have one today. I am hoping that this not the new normal with guns or ammo. But what do I know-- I thought Hillary was going to be president. Guy

I know right, thought that was the entire point. I guess for some “once a hall monitor, always a hall monitor”
The point was that the first point I got on here way back in 13 was for doing the same thing. And the one time I got banned was for giving a price check on a ridiculous looking craptastic SKS priced at $800.00. Those were considered negative comments which ain't allowed.

The point was that the first point I got on here way back in 13 was for doing the same thing. And the one time I got banned was for giving a price check on a ridiculous looking craptastic SKS priced at $800.00. Those were considered negative comments which ain't allowed.
Well, if you post a price check comment in someone's ad that's one thing. This is the steals and deals section so that is kind of the point. No one is going to give you points for posting better deals in this thread. Duh.

Well, if you post a price check comment in someone's ad that's one thing. This is the steals and deals section so that is kind of the point. No one is going to give you points for posting better deals in this thread. Duh.
Okay I'll concede that point. In fact I didn't see that part when I clicked on the ad. Although to ME it seems like it's still a decent deal for a factory built AR.

In a "dynamic market" like we are in now, prices can be all over the place. Harder to say what is a normal or good price. Up to each individual. Most of us know how to do quick searches via the Internet.

I almost bougt a Ruger takedown on here then my better self decided to do an internet search. Got the same gun, with more stuff, for less money...wait for it...on Gun Broker! Imagine that!!

Fwiw, that sale was only applied to 30 rifles we got at one time and they were sold out within 2 days. Are some of our firearms a bit "overpriced"? If its a popular model, the answer is probably yes, but they are flying off the shelves so fast we are having a hard time keeping certain models in stock. I don't set the pricing or have anything to do with it and the prices on some things cause me to scratch my head, but I assume they are attempting to keep the store profitable since the overwhelming majority of our customers right now are looking for the cheapest thing they can buy that aint a hipoint or jimenez.

Fwiw, that sale was only applied to 30 rifles we got at one time and they were sold out within 2 days. Are some of our firearms a bit "overpriced"? If its a popular model, the answer is probably yes, but they are flying off the shelves so fast we are having a hard time keeping certain models in stock. I don't set the pricing or have anything to do with it and the prices on some things cause me to scratch my head, but I assume they are attempting to keep the store profitable since the overwhelming majority of our customers right now are looking for the cheapest thing they can buy that aint a hipoint or jimenez.
Do you work there? I've bought guns from Mainstreet guys before. Last time I was there several months ago, you were matching prices. Is that still the case?

Back
Top Bottom