Skyrim

SkyBreaker

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
64   0
Reaction score
anybody played it yet? what do you think of it. Im a bethesda fan and Fallout 3 is still my all time favorite game.. but Im not sure about the dragons and swords and stuff. One of the main reasons I play fallout is its post-apocolypse wondering around popping bad guys with an AK nature..

Just wondering before I pop down $50 at gamestop.

Thanks.

I tried it and didn't like it. I just enjoying shooters and car games. Started the game it just dragged on and on before it got any where. But considering I was the first and only person to sell the game back to gamestop says a lot. I would try and find a used copy of oblivion first and see if you like the story line and game play first before you drop the 50 bucks on it. Or rent it from game fly.

I was a huge Fallout 3 fan also, and was dubious about liking a fantasy type game, but man it is SUPER addicting! Same gameplay as FO3, same inventory system and perks (kinda) and leveling (kinda, but way more open ended and user driven), but the weapons are definitely different. I took to swords and one handed axes and such very nicely, and having the ability to dual-wield one-handed weapons, or a one-handed weapon and magic at the same time, or two spells at once was killer. Hack away with a battle axe while healing yourself all day long haha.

Archery is fun too, truly there are enough non-melee options that you shouldnt get bored too quickly. The gameplay and interface improvements and the new/improved skills, leveling, and rep are all worth playing for sure if you liked FO3.

I may give it a try. Thanks for your imput. May rent oblivion.. or buy from gamestop. Can return for credit if within 30 days. Are the weapons any good? archery.. but just swords and axes? who do you fight?

One of the best games I ever played. I spent most of November and December playing it. It's a wonder I pulled straight A's in my classes. I finished it way too soon and got tired of it. I wanted more of the Bethesda exploration RPG action and picked up Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

One of the best games I ever played. I spent most of November and December playing it. It's a wonder I pulled straight A's in my classes. I finished it way too soon and got tired of it. I wanted more of the Bethesda exploration RPG action and picked up Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

new vegas isnt bad... i actually played it before fallout 3.

new vegas isnt bad... i actually played it before fallout 3.

Yeah, I was so enamored by Oblivion that I snatched up FO3 when it first came out. I played through it and all the expansions quite thoroughly. I borrowed New Vegas when it came out, but didn't give it a lot of time or effort. I picked up Skyrim on release day and wore it out. I especially like New Vegas' weapon modification and ammo loading features. With all the new weapon crafting, improvement and enchanting in Skyrim, I can't wait to see what kind of improvements they'll do with Fallout 4.

Back
Top Bottom