• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SKS questions??

tlw1179

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
168   0
Reaction score
I have been looking for an SKS for awhile now , What would be a round about number you would spend on 1 . I never thought much over $300 but i see alot going for $400-$500 . I know matching numbers are a plus and all that but what are some other things to look for when buying?

I sold an absolutely gorgeous all numbers matching all original yugo for 300 this morning.

I see them for 400 all the time , but I never see them sell it that price except for maybe the occasional ultra pristine, ultra nice russian example.

Look for a clean bore, numbers matching on bolt, receiver, magazine, and trigger assy. Check for rust or pitting in the chamber, make sure the piston moves freely in the gas tube. If it's a Yugo, make sure the gas block regulator funtions.

Most if them came into the county in new condition. Main thing is to check the bore for corrosion and pitting. A lot of them have seen a lot of corrosive ammo, and not everyone is good about proper cleaning. Heck, for what they used to sell for a lot of people simply didn't care.

I can remember my dad buying Yugos by the crate and making a killing selling them at gunshows for 59.99. I know one year he sold close to 500 of the damn things.

I want the sks basically for a spare rifle, there supposed to be cheap, and i am gonna keep it in my SHTF hiding hole. Are they kind of like AK's & AR's when it comes to mags 10, 20, 30 rounders there all not just 10 rounders are they?

300 with no accessories, 400 with aftermarket stock and only close to 500 if its decked out with extras...mags,ammo
See, to me, after market stuff kills the value. The moment you drop it in that hundred dollar stock it drops 100 in value. If you want to dress an sks up, that's cool, but please keep all the original stuff too. A norinco with a folding stock railed top cover, and a duck bill mag is only worth about a hundred bucks to me unless you still have the factory parts.

Back
Top Bottom