• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SKS quality by manufacturer

PLAPeoplesLiberationArmyChineseP-1.jpg

The young man wasn't selling. He just bought it. I didn't ask him what he paid (how gauche). He told me that the same seller had a refurb on his table for $675 and I kind of snickered out loud. Rude I know, but $675? For a refurb? Not on your life.

Have a few Chinese SKS's... all but one with Spike bayonets... Have one still covered in cosmoline with a blade bayonet...
Hope to start cleaning this up soon... Decided not to go after the other SKS makes....

You are in my wheelhouse on SKS rifles. I have a Chinese,Sino-Soviet, Romanian, Albanian, Russian and Yugo.
Yugo: Actually my least favorite of the SKS varieties. Looks neat with the grande launcher capability but isnt a great shooter, at least mine isnt. $350 is my buy it now price....these have popped back up on the retail online distributors and they want $400 +.
One distinction that wasn't made in the original list that daytonlawvol daytonlawvol made is between the Chinese Norinco type and the Chinese Type 56 (Sino-Soviet). Some of the early Sino-Soviet rifles have Cyrillic letters in their serial numbers. Those were real deal military rifles, not just made for export.

I'll admit, I recently bought another Yugo a couple weeks ago for $399. The only reason I picked it up was because it was unissued. A lot of the other M59/66's that I've see have at least a little wear on the bluing or small dings in the stock and distributors want $419+ for these things. I'm out of the game at that point as well.

For all that being said, I havent met an SKS that I didn't like.

One distinction that wasn't made in the original list that daytonlawvol daytonlawvol made is between the Chinese Norinco type and the Chinese Type 56 (Sino-Soviet). Some of the early Sino-Soviet rifles have Cyrillic letters in their serial numbers. Those were real deal military rifles, not just made for export.

I'll admit, I recently bought another Yugo a couple weeks ago for $399. The only reason I picked it up was because it was unissued. A lot of the other M59/66's that I've see have at least a little wear on the bluing or small dings in the stock and distributors want $419+ for these things. I'm out of the game at that point as well.

You are correct

Back
Top Bottom